Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was another trick with EA play as it would convert to game pass what with EA play being part of game pass now... So people were buying up a long subscription for that as well which got converted over on the 10th.

Either way there's a lot of long term subscribers to the service, regardless of what they paid for it

Comment

I bought EA play simply to get it converted and I did get a extra 6 months ultimate added , on the console after a few days with it , I like it a lot , but playing shiny old games , now if Microsoft can give me Forza 8 in the next year that would be nice.

oh and flight simulator .

Comment

Thanks guys, perfect timing as I need to renew my live subscription! Now just to wait for Black Friday to see if there are any discounts on buying multiple cards at once!
        Last edited by dazza_cole; 15-11-2020, 15:46.

Comment

I tend to just keep an eye on Eneba, CDkeys and HotUKDeals for discounts.

Comment

Been enjoying Yakuza on the X. Not the best in game engine could be a lot better but it plays well. Story is bonkers and I've only scratched the surface with about 5 hours put in.

Comment

Cold War ps5/seriesX/seriesS comparison

TLDW:

120 FPS on PS5 = 94% of the time.

120 FPS on XSX = 91% of the time.

SeriesS had drips running 60fsp

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Cold War ps5/seriesX/seriesS comparison

TLDW:

120 FPS on PS5 = 94% of the time.

120 FPS on XSX = 91% of the time.

SeriesS had drips running 60fsp

https://youtu.be/CoQYpS7I_B8
                I think it's fair to say the dev-tools for the XSX trails the PS5 right now. I understand there was a rumoured delay because of a wait for full RDNA2 features to be standardised etc... whatever the deal there's some funky stuff going on with XSX which has nothing to do with the performance available in the console itself.

That said, the fanboys are having a field day aren't they!? And all over frame-rate drops of a low % when the games are running at 120fps and I doubt anyway would notice that much in real world usage.

Comment

Consider this a massive tip for anyone trying to remote play Series S/X on PC.

Basically the feature doesn't work right now but I stumbled across a method that permits it for PC by downloading a test app for Xbox Game Streaming.

Source here: https://twitter.com/tuxuser360/statu...921453569?s=20

You basically open the URL: https://store.rg-adguard.net/
                  Enter the app URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xb...ot:overviewtab

This will open up a list of available files and the one you want is called:

Microsoft.XboxGameStreaming-ContentTest_1.2011.301.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.a ppxbundle

Once downloaded to your PC you will have to rename it to that same name, which will give you the option to install and voila, it should open as Xbox Game Streaming (test app) and let you connect and stream from any consoles on your network.

Interestingly it also has the same native UI as the phone/tablet game streaming applications so maybe this is a sign of where MS is taking the cloud/remote play for PC?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I think it's fair to say the dev-tools for the XSX trails the PS5 right now. I understand there was a rumoured delay because of a wait for full RDNA2 features to be standardised etc... whatever the deal there's some funky stuff going on with XSX which has nothing to do with the performance available in the console itself.

That said, the fanboys are having a field day aren't they!? And all over frame-rate drops of a low % when the games are running at 120fps and I doubt anyway would notice that much in real world usage.
                    This will all even out in the end.
                    For 120fps you need to render a frame every 8ms. The PS5 has some advantages at the moment because of the caching and other bottleneck reductions. But SeriesX will catch up no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      This will all even out in the end.
                      For 120fps you need to render a frame every 8ms. The PS5 has some advantages at the moment because of the caching and other bottleneck reductions. But SeriesX will catch up no problem.
                      Yeah that is my view as well. The DMCV video analysis was enough to show there is some weird anomalies with the current XSX implementation which has nothing to do with the actual hardware itself.

It's really looking like for cross platform titles they are going to be within a hairs width of each other once the developers spend enough time with the systems and respective tools available.

Comment

Xbox's Chief Financial Officer suggests that Bethesda games will continue to release on Sony and Nintendo systems but Microsoft will adopt a model whereby they ensure that the Xbox versions either arrive first or are the best versions available.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...xbox-says-cfo/
                          Xbox's Chief Financial Officer suggests that Bethesda games will continue to release on Sony and Nintendo systems but Microsoft will adopt a model whereby they ensure that the Xbox versions either arrive first or are the best versions available.
                          Because its going to make MS look great if they only offer 4k on their console.
                          Sony got **** just for holding Spiderman as a ps exclusive on avengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...xbox-says-cfo/

I think that's the best resolution. You don't want to limit sales, but make your ridiculous expenditure worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I think that's the best resolution. You don't want to limit sales, but make your ridiculous expenditure worthwhile.
                              What makes the most money but also attracts users to your ecosystem? Timed Exclusive...

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like the smartest move. Honestly if they make a TES VI that’s good, I would totally buy a Series X to play it rather than wait a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X