Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza Horizon 5 is confirmed for XBox One also... internet meltdown in... 3, 2...

Comment

NI hit the nail on the head. Just what would they have lined up for 2021 if Halo was a launch?
      What the **** have MS been doing for the past 2 years if it wasn't building stuff for the next gen??

Comment

Is "Replaced" actually "The Last Night", just, you know, renamed since everyone found out the guy making it was a gamergater?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          NI hit the nail on the head. Just what would they have lined up for 2021 if Halo was a launch?
          What the **** have MS been doing for the past 2 years if it wasn't building stuff for the next gen??
          Buying people for ****s and giggles

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Is "Replaced" actually "The Last Night", just, you know, renamed since everyone found out the guy making it was a gamergater?
            No it’s different devs and a different publisher, possibly influenced by the art style though but not at all attached to the last night.

Comment

Until the end I was convinced it was the same game too. Looked nice and like it has a chance of coming out.

How the hell did Halo Infinite not get a fixed date announced?

Comment

I seriously don't get the sheer negativity here some times.

I thought Halo multiplayer looked fantastic and precisely what I was hoping it would be, old school with a little bit of new mixed in. At a time when every big shooter wants to be the battle royale cool at the top of the pile I'd take this any day... The fact that it's cross progression, free to play and 120fps is just the icing on the cake.

Story trailer, yeah it showed very little but honestly I would rather not see any more of it if it's coming out by the end of the year.

Forza Horizon 5... Well that looked fugging tops. Just when I thought they couldn't make it look any better they take it up a few notches. Mexico looks like a great locale and even the creation builder stuff looks almost forge-like so that could be very interesting to see what players can bring to the multiplayer. I'm interested and I'll be playing it for sure.

Redfall looked awesome. Seriously I know it's next year but as Xbox owners as missing out on Deathloop for a good while it's good to see what Arkane are mixing up next and I love their style.

Flight Simulator... I've been gagging to lose myself in your one and for me knowing it's coming in a few months is all I wanted. The Top Gun stuff in it looked great... Again I'm in.

The game pass 3rd party stuff is also hard to fault. As a general timeline there's some top content coming every month until Halo drops.

The Ascent
                Flight Simulator
                12 Minutes
                Hades
                Back 4 Blood
                Psychonauts 2
                Forza Horizon 5
                Halo Infinite

There's basically a great new game to play every month till the end of the year and as I'm signed up I get all of them.

I also really liked that Doom Eternal is getting a ray tracing mode plus 120fps support. I'm yet to play it so that's excellent for me.

Was it all good? No of course not... I couldn't give two craps about Jack Sparrow in Sea of Thieves and a lot of games we know are coming were absent. But I guess this was more about what's coming in the short term...

For me, as someone who is signed up to game pass for the long term this was basically a nice hit list of value add.

I get the criticism from you guys, and I guess the points are valid but I honestly think that was a pretty decent showing of what's coming soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Until the end I was convinced it was the same game too. Looked nice and like it has a chance of coming out.

Yes this annoyed me. I wanted them to give a hard date tieing in with the anniversary.

Comment

It was okay. I liked the look of Ascent, Replaced, Flight Sim and that jrpg. Was disappointed by Forza. Looked set in red dead redemption land. I was really hoping for a Tokyo/Japan setting. Sheeet that could have sold them more Japanese Xboxes.

My Series S with game pass awaits.

Oh and Like a Dragon dropping on game pass today! Although I don't see it yet.

Comment

Probably because it’s technically two titles, a F2P multiplayer AND Infinite campaign, more than likely they will have two separate launch dates.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        It was okay. I liked the look of Ascent, Replaced, Flight Sim and that jrpg. Was disappointed by Forza. Looked set in red dead redemption land. I was really hoping for a Tokyo/Japan setting. Sheeet that could have sold them more Japanese Xboxes.

My Series S with game pass awaits.

Oh and Like a Dragon dropping on game pass today! Although I don't see it yet.
                        Red Dead Redemption Land?

Mexico, it's called Mexico.

Comment

Very poor show I thought. I only own an Xbox one S but didn’t see anything that would convince me to upgrade in the future.
                          What is it with so many games being 4 player co-op shooters, sick of them.

Halo infinite - looked very average.
                          Hades - I’ll get it on PS5 the same day as Xbox.
                          Psychonauts 2 - I’ll get on PS5
                          Forza horizon 5 - I liked 3 and this seems more like that that with a good variety of scenery and surfaces, will try on my Xbox one S on Game pass.

Comment

Next year they need to just call it the Xbox Conference, Bethesda not warranting elevating over all the other internal studios there especially when Turn 10 were the only ones with the heavy guns.

I agree that the MS talk is often negative but honestly they just never fail to fail at rising to the occasion. Halo Infinite was a given but ultimately is a heavily belated 2020 launch title with a bad stink to shake off. Horizon 5 hit the mark, it's only really let down by MS in that it should be accompanied by 2-4 other AAA titles by this point.

Redfall, there's absolutely zero to be hyped over given all we got was a CG trailer. Starfield wasn't really much better, would have probably been better for E3 2022 which is likely when we'll see it proper. The Outer Worlds 2 trailer was beyond pointless. Avowed was effectively AWOL, Fable was AWOL, Forza 8 was AWOL, Hellblade II was AWOL.

STALKER 2, that looked good but is still outside the relevant window. Everything else wasn't worth mention or on PS5 anyway. I just can't bring myself to see Game Pass as a get out jail free card for Xbox. Though I understand people have different play tastes and available play time so GP lets you dabble where you might not had I bought a Series S or Series X with the intent to live off Game Pass I'd be in theory (without playing the systems as is best to do) looking at having spent potentially £500-£700 before MS pulls its finger out its backside and gets more than three titles of interest out and if that were the case I'd be ****ed about it. Ultimately the fact is key appealing exclusives are a major factor in what pulls the trigger for many and as long as MS drags its feet and sits tying its shoe-laces for a race that's already begun the longer it's no good for anyone as it allows complacency to set in for Sony and Nintendo too.

When the dust settles here's my betting: People will see Psychonauts 2 in August, Halo Infinite maybe in September or December and Forza Horizon 5 in November followed by another vast void of nothing in the new year and just like they came to with the XBO... walk on by. We're very easily looking at 2023/2024 before any momentum gets going and by then they'll already be aiming to try and shill people on Series X2

Comment

Next year they need to just call it the Xbox Conference, Bethesda not warranting elevating over all the other internal studios there especially when Turn 10 were the only ones with the heavy guns.

I agree that the MS talk is often negative but honestly they just never fail to fail at rising to the occasion. Halo Infinite was a given but ultimately is a heavily belated 2020 launch title with a bad stink to shake off. Horizon 5 hit the mark, it's only really let down by MS in that it should be accompanied by 2-4 other AAA titles by this point.

Redfall, there's absolutely zero to be hyped over given all we got was a CG trailer. Starfield wasn't really much better, would have probably been better for E3 2022 which is likely when we'll see it proper. The Outer Worlds 2 trailer was beyond pointless. Avowed was effectively AWOL, Fable was AWOL, Forza 8 was AWOL, Hellblade II was AWOL.

STALKER 2, that looked good but is still outside the relevant window. Everything else wasn't worth mention or on PS5 anyway. I just can't bring myself to see Game Pass as a get out jail free card for Xbox. Though I understand people have different play tastes and available play time so GP lets you dabble where you might not had I bought a Series S or Series X with the intent to live off Game Pass I'd be in theory (without playing the systems as is best to do) looking at having spent potentially £500-£700 before MS pulls its finger out its backside and gets more than three titles of interest out and if that were the case I'd be ****ed about it. Ultimately the fact is key appealing exclusives are a major factor in what pulls the trigger for many and as long as MS drags its feet and sits tying its shoe-laces for a race that's already begun the longer it's no good for anyone as it allows complacency to set in for Sony and Nintendo too.

When the dust settles here's my betting: People will see Psychonauts 2 in August, Halo Infinite maybe in September or December and Forza Horizon 5 in November followed by another vast void of nothing in the new year and just like they came to with the XBO... walk on by. We're very easily looking at 2023/2024 before any momentum gets going and by then they'll already be aiming to try and shill people on Series X2
                              I think they call it the Xbox + Bethesda showcase because Bethesda isn't actually part of the in house teams. Even though they sit under the same umbrella they're separate.

There was a lot of stuff absent from what they teased last year.

Avowed
                              Forza Motorsport
                              Fable
                              Hellblade 2
                              Indiana Jones
                              State of Decay 3
                              Perfect Dark

I guess they still have a problem that titles like say Psychonauts 2 isn't exclusive as it was due on other platforms before they they became part of the in-house line up. Equally Deathloop is timed exclusive that they have to honour, it's a weird situation.

I know Redfall was just a CG trailer but having seen what Arkane can do I still enjoyed it immensely and it suits my tastes. It just confirmed for me it's a title to put on my radar.

Comment

They're definitely in a difficult position, as things stand it's almost solely Game Pass they're selling and if it's isn't going to be explosively popular then their tank is otherwise empty. Appearing in 2022 at best with a line up that tips into 2023 is far too late so to swing this around to the pre-E3 chatter, I'd say they dropped the ball again this time and are now playing to retain the XBO's 40m userbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X