This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post

I just picked this up of a friend's recommendation this morning. It's £14 on Xbox but I used some rewards credit.

Not far into it but it's gorgeous. Bit Zelda like with solid combat.
    That looks great! i watched the second trailer video and I don't know if it was deliberate or accidental humour but i laughed when it said "You got the horn" *snigger*

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      I found it in the GamePass app and it shows up as 97GB but says something went wrong when I try remote installing.

Maybe I have to wait until the weekend?
      Worked okay for me via the remote install, but it's probably just the installer stubb, I'll check later.

Comment

Has anyone managed to download Flight Simulator yet?

When I downloaded it from the MS Store, it plonked a 298MB placeholder on my Xbox that says “see you on the 27th”.

I guess it’s similar to the PC’s installer which then downloaded the actual game.

I found it in the GamePass app and it shows up as 97GB but says something went wrong when I try remote installing.

Yeah it's just a placeholder, it'll usually update about 48hrs before release to the full fat.

Comment

The PC version is the same, the initial download is just the launcher

Comment

Has anyone managed to download Flight Simulator yet?

When I downloaded it from the MS Store, it plonked a 298MB placeholder on my Xbox that says “see you on the 27th”.

I guess it’s similar to the PC’s installer which then downloaded the actual game.

Currently if I look at the game page on the store it says,
            Manage (included with game pass)
            If I click manage I get to the options
            Base Game 42.4gb
            World - offline mode 54.9gb
            Select both to install, 97.2gb.
            Edit- currently installing 97.25gb.
            Last edited by Family Fry; 21-07-2021, 22:16.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

It popped up in my update list this morning and I’m downloading it now.

Bring on Tuesday!

Comment

Yeah mine updated last night... Good stuff.

Comment

Just a heads up, flight sim is in two chunks:

If you don't want the offline stuff and just want to stream it when playing you don't need to take up 100gb of storage. Might be useful to Series S owners most of all.

Comment

Sweet!

I thought the offline mode in Family Guy’s post was similar to games like CoD(separate online and offline chunks) so just downloaded the whole thing.

Comment

I'm thinking about buying an S as I have some days off next week for the first time in a couple of months and intend to spend them mainly doing nothing but taking it easy. Quick question as I don't know much about it, does game pass give you access to pretty much anything in the Xbox library, or is it like a Playstation Plus scenario with two or three games a month? I used the streaming service on PS4 a few times but the selection was always a bit poor for my personal gaming tastes.

Comment

About just over a hundred Xbox games, first party stuff is a default on there in that mix.

Comment

Colin...

You can download the game pass app on your phone if you want to view the whole content across cloud, console and PC. That app makes it fairly easy to navigate around.

387 games currently in there with the majority on console... With about 3-4 major titles hitting in the next few days.

Flight Simulator and The Ascent being the biggest.

Edit:

Also game pass comes in two main flavours. Normal gives you just console access to download them and play them there.

Ultimate gives you access to Cloud, PC and Console... Costs a bit more per month but you can shop around various code sites and get 6-12m discounted.
                          Last edited by nonny; 23-07-2021, 10:54.

Comment

Just noticed you can fire up Flight Simulator already. You can't play yet but it opens the menu with a nice video rotating of in-game footage.

Very nice touch considering most pre-load games kick you out immediately with a "too early" message...

Comment

Only think to note is that an online connection is a requirement, even for downloaded Game Pass games - if your connection drops, it'll boot you out of the game session.

There is a PC only Game Pass along with the Console only and ultimate flavours.

Comment

Microsoft Flight Simulator makes a graceful landing on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, with impressive results, especially on the $299 console.

Looking pretty good all things considered!
                                Last edited by nonny; 23-07-2021, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X