No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've had a little look around today, as with my PS4 drive giving up the ghost I now kinda need a new console, and I'm assuming it's still impossible to find a PS5?

Comment

PlayStation showcase next Thursday.
      Not a state of play
      40 minutes long
      No PSVR2

Comment

Nice, as well as the systems doing there's a need to perhaps suggest there's something notable on the way at some point. Things are starting to get very dry on the new release market.

Comment

Seems the collectors edition of Horizon: FW wont include a physical copy of the game, just digital, which is absolute bull.

Comment

Seems Sony is also making it more difficult to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 with the title as well. They've removed the $10 upgrade path option we've seen before.

Honestly with the discussion around Ghost of Tsushima DLC paywalling the upgrades you'd think Sony wouldn't pull any other stunts but here we go.

Not sure whether this would stop current PS4 owners buying the game but I certainly wouldn't want to double dip at £60 and £70 a piece...

Edit... I note you have to buy the digital deluxe edition or other special editions to get both cross gen titles. Still, that's an £80 price.

Between that and not even getting a disc in the collectors edition they're really pushing that premium pricing model hard. Ouch.
            Last edited by nonny; 02-09-2021, 21:17.

Comment

MS the windows guys in ironic “it just works” moment on their console with Sony looking a little caught out in how simple and easy the digital distribution model is on xbox.

Comment

The sad thing is it's just the consumer getting caught out... well, and MS to a degree too I assume as though what Sony is doing is wrong they'll make $$$ for nothing as people will keep on paying them for it. Feels like Sony is pushing hard to try and make £70 a permanent fixture against already slipping third party pricing.

Comment

Its not even the extra money for the PS5 versions, there going to take more work for the extras bells etc. Its the seemingly chaotic state of their cross gen games and versions etc, its a mess. I get the feeling cross gen as we’re seeing it now from Sony was planned too late on to implement ala MS version, who obviously planned their system from the get go.

Comment

They may as well not have upgrade options at all and just make you buy the game again if you want it on PS5. I mean, it happened lots previously (God of War 3 Remastered, Burnout Paradise for example)

Comment

Like I said before, I'm amazed we got upgrades for free anyway.
                      But for Horizon FW not to offer an option to upgrade is a piss take. Unless the ps5 version is significantly different, I don't see why it can't be £10 to upgrade.

Comment

I wonder if we'll shortly have a Jim Ryan "we heard you, we made a mistake" statement soon?

Like when the decision was made to keep the PS3/ Vita stores open.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          I wonder if we'll shortly have a Jim Ryan "we heard you, we made a mistake" statement soon?

I don't know if it's caused enough stink yet.

Comment

The article has been updated

Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I don't know if it's caused enough stink yet.
                              Yup, it did.

Comment

Yup, it did.
                                Indeed.

So everyone should buy/download the PS4 version and upgrade for free. Save £10.

All future upgrades are £10.

This just shows that the £70 price for games is a pointless forced inflation like we all knew it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X