Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    All of these make sense to hit PC at this stage... and hopefully not at £70 a pop.
    GoW maybe but not Returnal, way too soon. Sony have made their pc strategy pretty clear, years later and to draw people into their new console offerings, even then its an “if” on any given title.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-09-2021, 20:12.

Comment

I dunno, Returnal sold what 650m copies? Maybe it's a good idea to put it out onto PC where it's not in direct competition.

Without all the data or timing for release it's hard to say but I don't know whether it's too soon for that one.

Comment

I dunno, Returnal sold what 650m copies? Maybe it's a good idea to put it out onto PC where it's not in direct competition.

Without all the data or timing for release it's hard to say but I don't know whether it's too soon for that one.
        650,000 not 650,000,000.

Comment

You really think Sony would out it on pc so soon to be discounted to nothing money, thus absolutely enraging the customer base that paid full price? Not happening any time soon.

Also neither Demons Souls or Returnal are listed there for a pc platform so lets not go making stuff up, you might get the Era lot started with a billion threads of “confirmed sony day and date on pc with all titles forever” nonsense.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-09-2021, 20:21.

Comment

If, like many in this era of ongoing chip shortages, you're still in the market for one of those new-fangled - and stil…

Tomorrow morning GAME's website will be receiving a stock delivery of an unspecified number of PS5's and PS5 DE's to order

Comment

I'm getting a PS5 for my birthday in a few months but my wife and I have started looking around this week.

Japanese shops are mainly doing lottery-style reservations and so far we've entered Bic Camera's one(the draw will be on the 22nd).

I'm focusing on the newer disc-drive model but my wife asked if I'd be ok with the older model if it became available.

Seems the newer model is better and I'm not in a rush to get one but should I strike while the iron is hot?

Comment

There’s not much difference to be honest between the two. The newer model runs slightly cooler, no one knows the long term effects of either cooling solution in the Ps5.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  You really think Sony would out it on pc so soon to be discounted to nothing money, thus absolutely enraging the customer base that paid full price? Not happening any time soon.
                  Is that really a thing? PC or not, the vast majority of games have their prices sliced after a few months. Everyone.buying games at full price very well knows that the same games will be available at half the price or less in two months. Shops need to clear shelves and inventory for The Big Next Thing and they liquidate The Old Big Thing, with digital following suit.

If Sony have recouped publishing and development costs, sales on PS5 have flatlined due to the existing userbase not caring about the title (or like me, those interested cannot get a PS5), and there is interest for the PC audience, why not putting them on Steam? Next to nothing money is better than no money. Demon's and Returnal are hardly system sellers at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    650,000 not 650,000,000.
                    Oh yeah... I knew it sounded wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      Is that really a thing? PC or not, the vast majority of games have their prices sliced after a few months. Everyone.buying games at full price very well knows that the same games will be available at half the price or less in two months. Shops need to clear shelves and inventory for The Big Next Thing and they liquidate The Old Big Thing, with digital following suit.

If Sony have recouped publishing and development costs, sales on PS5 have flatlined due to the existing userbase not caring about the title (or like me, those interested cannot get a PS5), and there is interest for the PC audience, why not putting them on Steam? Next to nothing money is better than no money. Demon's and Returnal are hardly system sellers at this point.
                      System sellers are quality titles that aren’t available any where else. No one buys a switch to play the latest multiplats. People buy into the Sony brand for games they can’t and know wont be available elsewhere. Well Sony have relented on this policy just recently but their strategy will probably remain,

Old games on pc to bring more people into potential console sales. New games right away on pc will be kiss of death for that business strategy.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-09-2021, 10:08.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        System sellers are quality titles that aren’t available any where else. No one buys a switch to play the latest multiplats. People buy into the Sony brand for games they can’t and know wont be available elsewhere. Well Sony have relented on this policy juat recently but their strategy will probably remain,

Old games on pc to bring more people into potential console sales. New games right away on pc will be kiss of death for that business strategy.
                        Social gaming is a big decider too so its not all about the exclusives. what your friends own also plays a big part of what console you get, no point getting an xbox to play the latest Fifa with your mates if they all have PlayStation. My nephew always wants to play on my ps5 this hasnt stoped him wanting a series x though as he has an xbox one and all his mates play Fortnite and Fifa on the xbox.

Comment

It also means first party developers making an exclusive game only need to focus on making it for the ps5. They don't need to try and manage a PC build at the same time like MS do, they'll just work to convert it later.

Comment

It'll likely be a case by case judgment. God of War will come to PC to try and make people buy a PS5 to play Ragnarok as they won't want to wait years and years for the game to get a PC release. Games like Returnal and Demon's Souls make sense to get ported quicker because they're not franchise titles that are going to get numerous sequels and they also don't have huge legs on PS5 compared to the companies biggest hitters. Sony will want steady revenue from Nixxus and having a steady slate is key, PS4's exclusives won't provide that on their own.

Presumably Uncharted 1-3 will be on the horizon too. Maybe Wipeout too

Comment

Wipeout in VR with HP Reverb resolution level, YES PLEASE!

Comment

Only rumours at the moment, but Firesprite are working on Horizon VR. Now I doubt very much (if this is real) that it'll be a separate game, I think they'll be developing a VR mode for FW.
                                Sony said they want AAA games in VR, what better way then to be able to play the full Horizon FW in VR.

The newest member of the PlayStation Studios family might be at work on a virtual reality game set in Guerrilla's Horizon series.

Comment

Working...
                                X