No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sackboy now copying and installing, plus updates, phew.

Comment

So far so good, only curiosity as such installation wise is that the PSN Store says Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is PS5 compatible but the PS5 says it isn't and won't download it.

Comment

Ok had some time to play around now.

Absolutely detest the launcher, or lack of. You press the ps button and the first thing to come up is trophy crap, or official news (basically an advert), you then have to scroll down to get to anything useful. Absolute rubbish and it needs an overhaul already.

Comment

Bordersdown impressions so far:

- Not as good as a Minidisc player
          - Stuff doesn't install properly
          - The interface needs a complete overhaul

At least [MENTION=2087]gambit6613[/MENTION] is having fun though!

I jest

Hope everyone enjoys their first evening with the new console, I'll be firing mine up soon.

Comment

- Controller is the star.

Comment

Post pictures of setup I want to see how gigantic it looks in a living room or Dragon's Den...

Comment

First impressions:

Build quality for the controller and the console are superior to the ps4. It feels like a quality piece of technology.
                The controller feels familiar but has extra weight and tweeks that make it feel new. The haptics are nice, playing Astrobot is great, but I don't think it's really set me on fire. It's the triggers where things really step up. Resistance is meaty and very cool to use.
                I don't like the UI. It's a bit of a mess and I struggle to find things. For example, after installing demon's souls and a bunch of other games, demon's souls vanished off the list. I had to find it in my library.
                Overall the console feels very capable.

Comment

Demon's Souls is as amazing as it ever was. Except now it looks amazing, even in performance mode. Worth the price of admission for me.

Comment

Haptics & controller are a game changer.

Comment

Astro's playroom is great, the charm is off the charts and really shows off the controller.

Comment

Ok, I've just put on DS3 which I'm currently doing a playthrough on and it was running at 60FPS. Game changer!

Comment

Fits nicely between 2 PVM’s.

Comment

So I've had to reinstall Miles Morales and Demon's Souls twice each. Don't know why, maybe something to do with the rest mode bug.

Going to do a full power down until there's a fix.

Comment

Ghosts of Tsushima running in high resolution mode @ 60fps. Oh mama likey.

Comment

Astro is so much fun, best use of controller in a long long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X