Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Same Bluetooth system as the PS4 headset by the look of it. I never had any trouble with mine but I did have the adapter at the front of the PS4 so maybe it’s just a weak system in terms of range.
    Thanks Brad, will try that, coming from a Steel Series the range is disappointing but everything else is good apart from that.

Comment

I don't have the 3D headphones, but through my reference headphones I can tell you the sound quality is fantastic. It's got some serious clarity across the board, and that's just plugged in to the controller. I'm very impressed with demon souls in particular.
      I can't say I get much or any 3D-ness however.

Comment

Rewired my entire set-up last night so both the PS5 and Xbox Series S are in the TV rather than through my Atmos soundbar which supports eArc but none of the other HDMI 2.1 features that I can see.

Now fully set up for full 120hz gaming and RGB rather than YUV for 4K HDR. Everything looks that little bit more colourful and vibrant.

Comment

Maaan. The controller is immense! You have to try it to understand. I'm finding on Astro that there's an incentive to explore every area to get a feel for it through the pad.

Comment

The rain section in Astrobot needs to be experienced.
            Like the Matrix; no one can be told what the controller is like...

Comment

Cod really is the biggest piss take for installation and file size I've ever come across on a console. Its like the bad old days of pc have come back all over again.

Comment

I loved my brief go on Astrobot but did come away thinking the feedback and trigger resistance stuff was a bit much. Very cool experiences but it aint good on the old hands when it's always on.

I used the Pulse3D headset on a few hours of Demon's Souls and I loved it. It's my first time trying a wireless headset so that's a huge new thing for me. The 3D audio thing is just a bit more pronounced than what I'm used to with headsets, it's pretty well done. The sound design in the game is top notch so I'm in love with the headset right now, they are very light and comfy and since I've had them for over a week I had previously hooked them up to my PC using the dongle and watched a few movies, in all about 7 hours of use under one charge. No out of range or disconnects so far, but I'm pretty close to it. The dongle fits pretty well into the back USB on the PS5, it doesn't wobble or anything which is cool. Headset seems to auto switch off if you put it down and don't use it for a while, also a nice touch.

Comment

I need to compare to earphones etc I think, if the 3D effect doesn't make much impact I'll likely ditch the Pulse headsets. Still not getting much of an indicator they're adding anything and it isn't just the games sound designs doing all the heavy lifting

Comment

I've only played Astrobot so far, and was using my 5.0 sound system (I don't use a sub as I live in a flat, and I have decently powerful speakers anyhow). The sound in general was absolutely terrific, an enveloping bubble which deployed all the speakers to great effect.

That said, it's nothing that I wouldn't expect from great quality sound design generally. Not sure what the Tempest is adding per se.

In terms of the PS5 more generally, I'm hugely impressed so far. The hardware looks great and is silent. The pad is much more ergonomic and the new rumble and trigger features are a huge step up. The setup was very well crafted. And the new interface is for the most part simply lovely.

The icing on the cake is Astro's Playroom. Got to be one of the best pack-ins ever - it's surprisingly substantial (I thought it would be a 15 minute experience), and it's such a fun, feel good way of introducing you to the new console.

Honestly, the whole package works for me. I think Sony have absolutely nailed it with this.

Comment

It's here!

Comment

One possible negative I have with the DualSense, I'm not 100% convinced it's the best for COD. The sticks just feel not quite right for it though I may be a little too used to the XBO controller playing its predecessor on PC

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          I'm having this issue

Games uninstalling for no reason.
                          Happening to me. 3 times I have put in the DS game and 3 times it installs the game AND downloads the patch!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            One possible negative I have with the DualSense, I'm not 100% convinced it's the best for COD. The sticks just feel not quite right for it though I may be a little too used to the XBO controller playing its predecessor on PC
                            You sure it's not just the game? I thought it felt well off the mark when playing the alpha and beta on the Bone, after sinking ~120 hours into Modern Warfare on the same platform.

Comment

Had to brave the wild west of the internet yesterday to try and secure a PS5 with the limited stock appearing at selected retailers coffee in hand i logged in at 7:30 ready for the 8am start. First to go live was John Lewis at 8 o clock ...........site down....... site down...... site down..... out of stock

Oh well roll on 9am three retailers all launching stock at 9am i got in the Game queue at 8, got in the Curry's queue, and opened the Tesco site too 9am rolls around, Game site falls over, Tesco falls over, Currys have had an exploit that let people buy early so now have no stock.

Refresh Refresh Refresh, nothing. Very are launching stock at 11 but at 10:29 i get an alert that stock is live i hit Refresh on their ps5 page and 20 seconds later I'm not even sure if Ive got one it was a blur, but then a few minutes later i get the conformation email thank god

Tesco site came back up mid morning too and let me reserve one for store pick up in December, so put one through on there too just so all my eggs aren't in the same basket. But wow what an ordeal, never again
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 20-11-2020, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                You sure it's not just the game? I thought it felt well off the mark when playing the alpha and beta on the Bone, after sinking ~120 hours into Modern Warfare on the same platform.
                                Possibly but I don't remember it feeling the same on the PC beta. The DualSense sticks don't feel quite right when L3'ing to run

Comment

Working...
                                X