Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    One possible negative I have with the DualSense, I'm not 100% convinced it's the best for COD. The sticks just feel not quite right for it though I may be a little too used to the XBO controller playing its predecessor on PC
    I'm torn between the DualSense and the new Xbox Series (Shock Blue) controller. I'm far too used to my 360 pad, I think. I'll mainly be playing CP2077 and BallisticNG so I require familiar ergonomics, especially for the latter game mentioned there.

But then I'm definitely getting a PS5 next, so it makes more sense to have a second controller for that...

Comment

Actually, I should probably consider a Hotas for BNG. That would come with so much more control finesse right off of the bat, without much in the way to re-learn.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
        Is "Tempest" basically like the VR box in terms of doing the audio work? 3D audio in VR is pretty good and Sony obviously thought it important enough to need a separate box for PSVR (which is *4* years old now!).
        Kinda, yes. It's Sony's proprietary solution for 3D object based audio and their chip is obviously in every PS5. Microsoft have something similar with their Dolby Atmos/DTS:X for headphones in their Xbox Series.

And as you say PSVR and the Platinum 3D Headsets used to have their 3D audio (I believe the same thing) but required the extra hardware in the PSVR box/or the Platinum's dongle.

PS5 and Xbox Series X|S have more powerful hardware dedicated to 3D audio than last-gen.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
          This is explaining the issue I'm having with 120hz on my LG CX OLED. It might be worth a look for anyone who has an 120HZ 4K TV and wants to unlock 120hz.

The Maximum bandwidth on the ps5 HDMI port is 32Gbps so you won't get 120Hz to work unless you downgrade the colour (Chroma) to 4:2:2 from 4:4:4 RGB.

I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between 60fps & 120fps on CoD, so i’ve stuck with 60fps with all the bells and whistles.

Demons Souls I couldn’t tell the difference graphically between performance & fidelity, other than it runs like a dog in fidelity, so ill be sticking with performance mode especially as it looks the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between 60fps & 120fps on CoD.
            It's hard for me too when I'm using a controller. Maybe try jamming the sensitivity all the way up?

I need mouse-look to reap the benefits of first-person HFRs.

With BNG I'm already pushing the limits of 165fps, so a new 240Hz monitor could help me out a bit there.

Comment

Yeah the jump from 30-60 is huge but after 60fps there’s little to no visual difference apart from the slight improvement in latency. We touched on it a little here https://bordersdown.net/threads/1289...of-the-past%29

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                It's hard for me too when I'm using a controller. Maybe try jamming the sensitivity all the way up?

I need mouse-look to reap the benefits of first-person HFRs.

With BNG I'm already pushing the limits of 165fps, so a new 240Hz monitor could help me out a bit there.
                Thats with the FOV pushed right out to max as well on PS5. Honestly the game is so smooth at 60fps its not worth the sacrifice of 4k, ray tracing & loads of graphical effects.

This is on a Samsung qt80.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I'm torn between the DualSense and the new Xbox Series (Shock Blue) controller. I'm far too used to my 360 pad, I think. I'll mainly be playing CP2077 and BallisticNG so I require familiar ergonomics, especially for the latter game mentioned there.

But then I'm definitely getting a PS5 next, so it makes more sense to have a second controller for that...

Yep, as much as I'm loving the DualSense I can see myself sticking with the XBO controller on PC. I can't imagine much will support haptics etc unless MS release a revised XSX controller with support down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post

Fits nicely between 2 PVM’s.
                    Thanks Gradius. Looks good in "Jet White"...Now if only TVs were not all "Jet Black" that will be changing soon...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between 60fps & 120fps on CoD, so i’ve stuck with 60fps with all the bells and whistles.

Demons Souls I couldn’t tell the difference graphically between performance & fidelity, other than it runs like a dog in fidelity, so ill be sticking with performance mode especially as it looks the same.
                      The Series X is limited to 40Gbps which basically allows 10bit colour at 120hz... So this limit effectively limits the PS5 to 8bit colour at 120hz?

I mean, honestly this will go over a lot of people's heads and most won't care, or perhaps even notice but for early adopters of HDMI 2.1 to support this stuff this is pretty crap.

This is a double hit seen as the PS5 isn't supporting VRR at launch, which is disappointing because it fixes a lot.

Comment

I was tempted to book Thursday off for release, but fortunately for me, the courier delivered the PS5 when I got in from work.

I actually had to think a bit before inserting Demon Souls into the console as in vertical mode the PS5 doesn’t tell you which way to insert the disc

Had a bit of a mare transferring my PS4 data to PS5, but got there in the end. It’s interesting how setting up the PS5 is quite similar to setting up a new phone when upgrading.

I now fully appreciate what others have been saying about the co troller and how Astrobot is essentially a tool to demonstrate how creative and immersive the haptic feedback can be utilised. My word the thrusters in Astrobot, using the trigger buttons is powerful... I’m also impressed at how lengthy Astrobot is.

I’ve always played my consoles horizontally, but I think the vertical position for the PS5 is the way to go for me.

Comment

Anyone else having issues where you play game from disc (in this case AC Valhalla) install everything from disc and any download data. After ejecting disc, playing something else, putting the Valhalla disc in again it needs to copy the data from the disc once again? It very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            Anyone else having issues where you play game from disc (in this case AC Valhalla) install everything from disc and any download data. After ejecting disc, playing something else, putting the Valhalla disc in again it needs to copy the data from the disc once again? It very strange.
                            Yeah me and Teddy have had same. I had it on Demon's 3 times in a row. Seems okay now.

Comment

Not really spent any proper time with mine yet, but have had a few hiccups already. It didn't even come till about 7pm, so setup happened much later than planned. I've found about 30 mins for Astrobot so far, but hoping to get my teeth sunk into Demon's Souls on the weekend.

I had massive, massive problems with screen flicker - to the point where I thought it was broken - but by struggling through the basic setup I was able to find a setting (something about 4k data transfer and setting it to -1 or -2) that calmed it down. Anyone know the broader implications of this? I have a feeling that although I'm running a HDMI 2.1 cable to my amp, the amp to projector cable is only 2.0 - could this be the issue?

Following that, it's really been about just letting it download various patches and games. Based on what other folk had said, I was expecting it to ask about transferring PS4 data over LAN, but I don't recall ever seeing an option for that? Assuming I missed it, can I still go back and do it with the PS5 in a 'set up' state?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Yeah me and Teddy have had same. I had it on Demon's 3 times in a row. Seems okay now.
                                How did you resolve it? It’s now downloading 44GB of data that I already downloaded?

Comment

Working...
                                X