Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    This ps5 launch sounds like a bit of a cluster**** if I’m honest.
    Could be worse, you could have recieved a bag of rice of the same weight: https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...nd-other-items

I've had high value items mysteriously not get delivered by Amazon a few times (including an Xbox One S). Always replaced, but very suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Sackboy has Dawn French and Richard E Grant in the voice cast!!
      I watched the video interview with them both on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        This ps5 launch sounds like a bit of a cluster**** if I’m honest.
        I'm sorry to hear about all these issues. They sound very frustrating and make the little things I've noticed on Series X (quick Resume being flaky, so games disappearing out of game pass) relatively minor.

Hope Sony can issue another firmware update rapidly to sort them out. Can you imagine the fun on Christmas Day if these things persist...

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Could be worse, you could have recieved a bag of rice of the same weight: https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...nd-other-items

I've had high value items mysteriously not get delivered by Amazon a few times (including an Xbox One S). Always replaced, but very suspect.
          Sounds like an Indiana Jones siwtcheroo

Comment

My PS5 seems to be okay now. I switched between Miles and Demon's yesterday quite a bit for my kids and the install problem never came back. Have to say that I'm really happy with the PS5. Having so much fun with Demon's Souls, the Spider-Man games and Astrobot. Apart from the system software bugs and the ugly giant console, it feels like a really nice almost Christmassy launch. Absolutely wub the controller.

Comment

Loads of reports of system crashing and freezing, on other forums

Comment

Had a hard crash last night when I tried to boot Time from an external HDD. System tried to restore the internal storage before the external but kept black screening.

Had to unplug everything and reset. All seems to be okay now.

Sony need to get a firmware update out pronto along with a statement to calm any worries.

Comment

Yep i’ve got a samsung 1tb ssd ready for my ps4 games but no way i’m using it until the issue is sorted. Just play off the internal until the issue is fixed.

Comment

Worth mentioning that if you have USB to USB-C converter (I got one with my phone) you can charge the controller through the USB-C on the front and free up the USB

Comment

I'm loving the rapid load speeds. Booting from cold to playing a game in a matter of seconds is brilliant.

Comment

Users over on ERA reporting ballooning "Other" data section on the SSD.

Comment

Which of course you can’t see what’s in there for some inexplicable reason.

Comment

Had my first problem with Miles today. Put the disc is and copy came up. Done a rebuild on the database and copied the disc again. Seems fine now when I put the disc in.

Comment

My 'other' is sitting at 66gb. I'll keep and eye on it.
                              Can't say I've had a single problem fingers crossed. I get a slight whine from the console while playing demon souls or no man's sky, but I assume that's just normal?

Comment

If I play a PS4 game on my PS5 console and then my son logs into my PS4 using same account, boots up any PS4 game, I get booted out of the PS4 game on my PS5. If I load the game again, my son gets booted out. Is this right? I guess my PS account can't account for me playing two games on same platform at same time. If I'm playing a PS5 game and my son plays a PS4 game then that's okay. It's a bit annoying though.

Comment

Working...
                                X