Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    I think that undersells the majesty of BotW a tad.
    it was the only game worth picking up on the switch for quite some time, it also really struggled with the hardware loading times and technical performance wasn't great when it launched. This is coming form someone who's done every shrine and got a switch day one.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Totally agree! I don’t do ‘playroom’ games
    your loss the Vr Astrobot game is an amazing piece of software that i enjoyed far more than i did my time with Mario odyssey. Astro bot on the PS5 is not only free but Has been getting a lot of love as its full inventive gameplay and cheeky nods to many different gaming franchises.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 24-11-2020, 16:05.

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        You mean wtf have Microsoft been doing for the last 2-3 years? Sony have been producing big hitters for the PS4 and PS5.
        I am talking about getting PS5 / series x games to launch,

Comment

Yeah, 'Astro's Playroom' is a bit of a crap name as it sounds like it's some sort of kiddy tech demo with no real goal or structure.

Actually, it's a proper little platform game with quite a few levels to explore, secrets to find, speed runs to time trial, and all sorts. It's all terribly well done, too.

For those let down by the PS5 launch, what would have won you over?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

A brand new AAA exclusive might have swung it for me.

Six months ago I was eager to play the PS5 but my excitement dissipated when the launch lineup was revealed. Demon's Souls looks lovely but remains a remake of a game I played 10 years ago; couple that to the myriad of bugs, crashes and issues the PS5 system (predictably) has and deciding to wait was an easy decision.

Comment

Don't listen to these doomy gloomys. It's been a wonderful launch. Honestly, I am so happy with the games I've got. Yes, DemonsSouls is a PS3 game, but what a bloody remake it is. It didn't need to have its mechanics changed.

I have the Spidey games which are great to chill on. Swinging around a great looking city. There's loads to do! It runs great. Astrobot is a decent Nintendo-esque platformer with loads of cool ideas, nostalgia and awesomeness. It's a full game and it's ace.

Then there's the ultimate lunch game

I'm made up with my purchase. I mean it helped to pay for it with part of a tax rebate. It's a big ugly mutha, but I love it.
              Last edited by hudson; 24-11-2020, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Yeah, 'Astro's Playroom' is a bit of a crap name as it sounds like it's some sort of kiddy tech demo with no real goal or structure.

Actually, it's a proper little platform game with quite a few levels to explore, secrets to find, speed runs to time trial, and all sorts. It's all terribly well done, too.

3 NEW launch games dedicated to the console; an FPS, a racing game and something action/adventure.

Or Titanfall 3 :-)

Comment

You have to really do the math to justify a PS4 Pro purchase now, nab a real bargain. Some places are cheaper but many are still charging too high on PS4 hardware so it's better to wait.

PS - BOTW always has been and always will be a gem in the WiiU's crown. No more a Switch game than Mario Kart 8 is or Captain Toad. *ducks*
                  Still interested to see if Nintendo delivers a very distinct sequel or phones it in for the easy money and accolades

Comment

I agree but I will always be grateful to the switch for getting nintendo to disregard the wii u screen! That game would have been so annoying as its use would have been over zealous.

Comment

Actually, I think the WiiU screen would’ve been pretty great in BOTW. Windwaker’s map was one of the best uses of it. I found it kind of annoying that it did nothing in the game in the end, and just remained blank throughout. They clearly deliberately gimped the WiiU version so that it wasn’t the definitive, more fully featured version.

The Sheikah slate was clearly an in-game analogue of the gamepad, too.
                      @thinkitty No denying that would’ve been great. I was personally happy with DS as I had never played it before, but if you thrashed it previously I can see why its appeal would be much more limited.
                      @dvdx2 I think you might always be disappointed by console launches forevermore. I think three full scale platform exclusives won’t be a go-er. Two, at a push maybe. Would be great, though, no doubt.

Comment

It’s been nearly a week now and he’s my official review of PS5:

😃

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          3 NEW launch games dedicated to the console; an FPS, a racing game and something action/adventure.

Or Titanfall 3 :-)
                          THIS. Titanfall 2 is one of the best games on the previous generation. A proper AAA follow up would have been an amazing launch title.

Comment

Bought a PS5, a Series S (All Access) and a Samsung Q80T which was ~£550 off, so it's been a pretty good launch for me. Love the Series S, Gears Tactics is amazing. Could never get into the Souls games so it's Spider-Man, Sackboy and Astro for me. I have a pretty sizeable PS4 backlog and Game Pass is Game Pass, so I'm managing to keep myself busy

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                              Bought a PS5, a Series S (All Access) and a Samsung Q80T which was ~£550 off, so it's been a pretty good launch for me. Love the Series S, Gears Tactics is amazing. Could never get into the Souls games so it's Spider-Man, Sackboy and Astro for me. I have a pretty sizeable PS4 backlog and Game Pass is Game Pass, so I'm managing to keep myself busy
                              I’ve got the Q80T as well, fantastic tv.

Comment

Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS games of this decade... in fact, I would argue it could be the best one given it's great in all modes.

I was a bit gutted that Apex Legends has effectively pushed back any chance of Titanfall 3 but the shining ray of hope is that in doing so it has guaranteed it will be a next gen only title.

As for TVs I am hopefully about to upgrade to the Sony XH90 series. I have tentatively got wife approval (final hurdle) so now I am just sussing out best prices and how to sort it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X