No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These stories of trucks being hijacked for PS5s and horrendous and probably helping Sony sell more PS5s.

Comment

Project Athia, the next game from the team behind Final Fantasy XV, will be console-exclusive to the PlayStation 5 for “at least 24 months,” a new Sony demo reel of upcoming games revealed.

Square's Project Athia will be exclusive to PS5 for a window of 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://kotaku.com/square-enix-s-pro...ps5-1845828837
        Square's Project Athia will be exclusive to PS5 for a window of 2 years
        Sorry but that's just digusting practice. I'm sick of these year+ exclusivity windows... 6 months max.

Comment

Here's a question, folks - how do we all feel about the speaker on the DualSense?

For me, it may well be improved over a DS4, but it still doesn't sound great, and I feel it's getting used a lot more in PS5 games.

Comment

That tinny little speaker is garbage and not fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Here's a question, folks - how do we all feel about the speaker on the DualSense?

For me, it may well be improved over a DS4, but it still doesn't sound great, and I feel it's getting used a lot more in PS5 games.
              Fine for the odd sound effect etc, adds a bit of immersion to games. Useless for chat use obviously.

Comment

Any more PS5s due to get released before Christmas, or is that it, now?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Sorry but that's just digusting practice. I'm sick of these year+ exclusivity windows... 6 months max.
                  Yeah it’s not great but neither is buying entire studios in order to keep stuff platform exclusive. Big companies eh!?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Yeah it’s not great but neither is buying entire studios in order to keep stuff platform exclusive. Big companies eh!?
                    They are slightly different things though. If you buy or own a studio you take on potentially massive risks and costs, which might not always pan out. You have every right to choose what platforms you release on. I do think there is much more acceptance of this practice.

Exclusivity deals often boil down to the bigger publishers greed to make more revenue, although it's absolutely a way for smaller devs/pubs to cover their risk. It's a cheap way for a publisher/platform to enter a market and shows much less commitment (i.e. Google Stadia exclusives).

I personally understand the anger of exclusivity deals. It is very anti-consumer.
                    Last edited by Digfox; 08-12-2020, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Any more PS5s due to get released before Christmas, or is that it, now?
                      Supposedly there is stock coming in. Will regular people be able to get said stock before the scalp bots do? is the bigger question.

Comment

I got one of stock batch 2 as my partner works in Argos and secured a unit before it hit the online store , perks, but they only had 2, and as far as the comms to staff have gone its looks very unlikely any more will arrive before Christmas , as you imagine many customers are asking about it all day long .

do we know actually how many units Sony actually supplied to the UK. i beat the scalpers but only because of her nice boss

Comment

I don't think we do exactly.

We know that initially 900,000 consoles were sold in the launch window for both new machines. And 155,000 of those were Xbox Series X|S (as reported on Resetera). But we don't know the breakdown for Switch - PS5. Although it definitely exceeded the 250,000 UK PS4 launch record. I think as Neon said in the other thread this will probably come out down the line.

EDIT: The 900,000 UK sales was the UK November, so there may be XBO & PS4 figures in there too.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 08-12-2020, 12:54.

Comment

This has even hit This morning on ITV the shortages , it’s crazy , so any of us who have one should fell pretty happy , we have 2 now as my son wanted one , it’s not worth paying over RRP for in my opinion . But demand will outstrip supply for a while yet .

Comment

How capable a 4k ultra HD blu-ray player is the PS5?

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                                How capable a 4k ultra HD blu-ray player is the PS5?
                                It seems okay but doesn't do Dolby Vision and the disc drive can be quite loud depending (as I've found through my own investigation) on how the disc label is printed.

Comment

Working...
                                X