Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't support HDR10+ either.

TBH I would buy a dedicated machine. I did earlier this year after always relying on consoles for Blu-Ray and DVD playback, and if you watch a lot of discs it's absolutely worth the investment.

Comment

Disappointed to hear it can be noisy. The PS4 Pro (or mine at least) can be noisy playing blu rays and it really does ruin the experience. Shame.

Comment

Series X is the better option for 4K Blau rays as it supports Dolby vision. And it’s silent well almost

Comment

Series X unfortunately doesn't support Dolby Vision for UHD playback (although it does for other apps and games, unlike PS5). It also crushes blacks (a problem the Bone also had) and I've read the picture can be quite noisy.

Comment

I find the disk drive noisy anyway. If I'm not playing Demons souls I take the disk out because every now and then it just fires up.

Comment

No Dolby Atmos on the PS5 either

Comment

Just stuck blade runner uhd in the ps5. Disk drive is noisy as fook. Absolute movie deal breaker, this needs fixing.

Comment

I don't think it can be without redesigning the hardware. I think it's just the way it's designed. For games the disc never really spins so it's not an issue for that side of its functionality. Keeping disc spins quiet prob wasn't a priority during the design.

I'm telling you all, dedicated spinners are the one

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I find the disk drive noisy anyway. If I'm not playing Demons souls I take the disk out because every now and then it just fires up.
                    The Wii U does that too but all the time. Doesn't matter if you're playing the game disc or not. The only way to silence the console is to eject the disc.

Comment

Firmware update. Nothing exciting

Version 20.02-02.30.00

This system software update improves system performance.

Resolved an issue where data transfers and downloads were cancelled when trying to download content while a data transfer from a PS4 is in progress.

Some issues that were causing errors during text input in some PS4 games have been resolved.

The connection stability has been improved for some Wi-Fi routers.

Comment

Insomniac certainly thinks like that so have added a third performance mode into Miles Morales - 60FPS with RT

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Insomniac certainly thinks like that so have added a third performance mode into Miles Morales - 60FPS with RT

Nice, I can see they had to sacrifice the general density, resolution and other things. How does it stack up compared to the other two modes? Is it the best of both worlds or the master of neither?

Comment

WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

Comment

Slated for March 2021 isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X