No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the (unofficial) PS2-themed console and controller that were offered by SUP3R5? Well, when they opened preorders there were difficulties due to the high volume of traffic. SUP3R5 apologised and pledged to correct the situation, only to announce 10 hours later all preorders would be cancelled and refunded.
    Why? Because SUP3R5 employees were threatened by the usual suspects. SUP3R5 went as far to delete their Twitter and website.
    I totally believe that there are some stupid individuals that would threaten people over the internet because they didn't get their shiny new bauble, but I cannot shake the feeling that SUP3R5 weren't able to solve preorder problems and just abandoned the whole thing.

Comment

Sounds more like they were just completely overwhelmed and panicked, if I’m honest.

Comment

Trying to do anything like that when the console is out of stock everywhere and being scalped all over the shop always seemed a touch bold

Comment

So it appears my controller is no longer charging via the USB. Looks like I'll be needing a charging Dock.

Comment

Good luck on that front, they are equally as popular as the console itself with the scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Good luck on that front, they are equally as popular as the console itself with the scalpers.
              I've had to go for a cheep one from Amazon. Official ones are unobtainable. As long as it charges it I don't mind.

Comment

The charge dock situation is a joke. Wish id pre ordered one right from the start as they are hens teeth now at retail.

Comment

i got a charge dock via the stock informer discord last week, Very had stock for about 2 minutes and i got one, headsets, docks media remote ect all keep poping back into stock, if you have the discord you have a chance of getting one.

Comment

Last night brought a new PlayStation 5 trailer broadcast during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), and with it some c…

A bunch of release windows but nothing to get excited about

Comment

Got a cheap charger Dock. Only £13. Its a flimsy piece of **** but it works. My controller charges from the bottom thankfully.
                      A few people on tinterweb have also complained about the USB charging failing. Worth knowing.

Comment

Scalping chargers for what a £15 profit after eBay fees? So infuriating. Anyway, one of my boys bought me the Venom VS5000
                        which might be better for me as runs off USB and I've got it plugged into my headphone charger. Its uses a dongle but that doesn't get in the way and it just slips onto the contacts, no trying to align anything.

Couldn't get a Pulse3D either so ended up with the SteelSeries 7 which is very nice with only drawback you have to manually switch to headphones in the Sound settings when you use it.

Comment

Ill just wait for Sonys production to catch up and grab one at retail price, I don’t like 3rd party stuff personally.

Comment

Fair enough, I'm the same mindset, just turned out to be a nice little Christmas present that I'm not going to replace. Can't believe there's still no stock of the official ones 2 months later, are they all just sitting on eBay??

Comment

I bought a gameware charging dock.

Decent build and no problem at all with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X