Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Here is an odd one, my new controller is almost a gram heavier than the one that comes with the PS5?!
    Goldsmith said he was speaking to a Sony rep and there was a fault with the launch controllers that were packed in???

**Update**
    Just weighed my launch controller with the second controller I bought a month later. The launch controller is definitely lighter.
    Last edited by BIG EDD; 19-04-2021, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
      Goldsmith said he was speaking to a Sony rep and there was a fault with the launch controllers that were packed in???

**Update**
      Just weighed my launch controller with the second controller I bought a month later. The launch controller is definitely lighter.
      Now I'm really intrigued. I'd open both of mine but I don't fancy it.

Comment

On reddit they've noticed the print on the back of the controller is different too. I have CNC ID on the back of my new one, not on the original one.
        Possibly a different manufacturer. My spidey sense says the plastic is a bit different.

Comment

Only once I took apart a PS4 controller to replace the battery. Never again

Comment

Me again...

Reminder that Horizon Zero Dawn will be free from today.

Download free indie games and PS VR games starting March 25. And get ready: PS4 blockbuster Horizon Zero Dawn will be free for a limited time starting April 19.

Comment

https://gmedia.playstation.com/is/image/SIEPDC/ps-plus-video-pass-keyart-01-en-13apr21?$800px$
              Video content may be rolled into PS+

Comment

Sony publishing a multiplayer game being made by ex-Bungie peoples.

source

Comment

Seems Sony have acknowledged the cmos battery issue in their consoles and are working on a fix.

Sony is reportedly working on the CMOS problem that will brick all PS4 and digital PS5 consoles is the live servers are closed.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-04-2021, 15:39.

Comment

Sony has confirmed that Movies and TV shows are going to be rolled into PS Plus... in Poland... with a limited selection... for 12 months as a trial

Comment

Over the next few weeks Sony is planning to begin a staged rollout of 1080p streaming support for PSNow

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ming-this-week
                        Over the next few weeks Sony is planning to begin a staged rollout of 1080p streaming support for PSNow
                        Great to see. Competition is good...

Comment

Anyone else think Horizon zero dawn is one of the hardest games ever made? My weapons are ****, my armour is **** and if I'm spotted I literally put the controller down and wait to die.
                          Im in a love hate relationship with it.

Ive cleared all the dark souls games easier than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Anyone else think Horizon zero dawn is one of the hardest games ever made? My weapons are ****, my armour is **** and if I'm spotted I literally put the controller down and wait to die.
                            Im in a love hate relationship with it.

Ive cleared all the dark souls games easier than this.
                            I found it quite difficult but mainly due to the blurry backgrounds. As soon as the action starts and you need to high tail it the background is soo blurry during action you loose all sense of what your doing and going. I suspect 60fps would sort this out but absolutely no sign of an update for ps5 owners, travesty and poor show from Sony on one of thier top 1st party games, especially when dam pc got 60fps.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-04-2021, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I found it quite difficult but mainly due to the blurry backgrounds. As soon as the action starts and you need to high tail it the background is soo blurry during action you loose all sense of what your doing and going. I suspect 60fps would sort this out but absolutely no sign of an update for ps5 owners, travesty and poor show from Sony on one of thier top 1st party games, especially when dam pc got 60fps.
                              Yeah that definitely doesn't help. And because there is no lock on you are constantly spinning the camera to see where the enemy is while you get haymakered from behind.

Comment

Here are my QOL improvements for horizon:

1: It needs 60fps. That's a given
                                2: it needs lock on, even if it just auto targets the closest enemy
                                3: it needs either a mini map or use the Focus to help point in the direction of the objective. I know there are floating markers, but I still find myself hopping in and out of the map screen.
                                4: it needs a better way of breaking enemy line of sight. If you are spotted your only hope is to run in the other direction. It needs something like MGS were you can hide under things or perhaps use a ghillie suit to throw over yourself as a consumable.

Comment

Working...
                                X