Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    How much did you get for it? I'm quite tempted to sell mine too as, Demon's Souls aside - which I am enjoying, there aren't any other PS5 games that interest me, nor any on the near horizon.
    I sold it for retail mate.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I don't understand you guys selling on as soon as you get it! For me it's worth hanging onto, as I know stuff will eventually come that I'll want to play. I'll trade it in when they do a slim/pro version though, because I'm not getting stuck with a launch unit for the duration again.

To each their own of course

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I don't understand you guys selling on as soon as you get it! For me it's worth hanging onto, as I know stuff will eventually come that I'll want to play. I'll trade it in when they do a slim/pro version though, because I'm not getting stuck with a launch unit for the duration again.

Yeah i don't get it too, its not as if we aren't seeing a lot of cross gen stuff to plug the gaps either, things like Destiny No Mans and Genshin have all got ps5 versions talking advantage off the new hardware, Better gaphics faster loads, higher resolutions ect, and we have a full library of PS4 games via BC too.

Returnal is out this week and has been getting some very good early impressions, and ratchet and clank is not to long after too, id hate to not be able to play stuff that i wanted too by being locked out of the hardware so im glad i got my PS5.

Comment

Yeah, I got it on day 1 this time because the value that I see out of a console over its lifespan is pretty ridiculous really. I've held off till later in the gen in the past and I've saved a bit of cash, but not enough to really have been worth it.

Comment

I think once you something passes you by the feeling of needing it goes with it, you won’t miss it.
            I love housemarque games but there’s no chance in hell I’m spending £69.99 on returnal, just not gonna happen.
            Is the hype getting to me? Absolutely to the point where I almost dropped cash on it but come next Friday it won’t matter to me, everyone will be still enjoying it and I won’t, does that mean I’ll never enjoy it? No cause I’ll buy it later and enjoy it all the same.
            So I can totally understand people getting caught up in the hype and then months later thinking, Ach I’m gonna sell and get my money back whilst I still can.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              The PlayStation app has hit 100 million installs since the PS5 launch. I'll be honest, I haven't installed it.
              I'm sure the 'Play at Home' initiative free games and the horrendous new webstore account for half of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                I'm sure the 'Play at Home' initiative free games and the horrendous new webstore account for half of those.
                I'm one of those 100 million and I don't even own a PlayStation console...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  I'm one of those 100 million and I don't even own a PlayStation console...
                  Same as I, with the webstore being barely functional, those without a PS4 or a PS5 had to use the app to claim those free games.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I was just thinking about upgrading to a PS4Pro when the PS5 was announced.
                    Hopefully I can do the same for the PS6.

Comment

Really like the look of Returnal. Not cheap though is it.

Speaking of not cheap, looks like prices of the systems are on the rise at CEX ... back up to £780

Comment

The recent Ratchet and Clank video has already had over a million views.

Comment

*The US Dollar figures have been converted from Japanese Yen with exchange rate provided in Sony fiscal reports Source 1 / Source 2 Major records broken / milestones reached this quarter or fiscal year by PlayStation : (most of these below have a dedicated graph later in the thread)...

Tons of new financial data for Playstations 2002FY, highlights are:

-24.05bn revenue, an industry record
                          -6.24bn revenue for Q4, an industry record
                          -3.23bn in profits in 2020FY, a brand record
                          -PlayStation 5 is now the console with the most sold units in its first financial year outpacing PlayStation 4 despite the supply issues
                          -PlayStation 4 has broken the industry record for system that has sold the most units of software in total with sales of 1.577bn
                          -PlayStation Network reached a record high of 17.32bn in revenue

In 2020 PlayStation made more in revenue than either the entire PS1 or PS2 generations in total. Sony expects to further extend its revenue record in 2021FY

Comment

PS5 now sold 7.8m units as well.

Comment

Shopto has dispatched my copy of Returnal, hoping it will turn up today or Friday along with R-Type final 2. On for a shooter frenzy weekend

Comment

Screw Sony and these £70 quid games. I just paid 31 quid for it. Thanks Sony for game sharing. So i paid half my son paid half.

No just hope it’s a actually good. The returnal

Comment

Working...
                                X