No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its been said many times but Jesus Game are the worst. Just had email that basically reads due to issues with Yodel and there capacity to deliver, there are expected delays in shipping out PS5's and not all will be delivered tomorrow. Chances are mine will be fine and in any case i have covered myself with orders from Amazon and Smyths. But god help anyone relying on Game. Also sends shudders down my spine they are using Yodel, Yodel!!! Possibly the worst courier firm after Hermes. God knows what state it will arrive in.

Comment

DPD have my parcel and it's in Newbury. I could go and get it now if I put on my balaclava and remembered my covert lock picking skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        I know a lots been said about the development tools status and I'm sure the eventual difference will narrow but I'm really starting to settle on the side that argued that the higher TFs of the Series X really genuinely did mean jack **** in the end.
        The tools stuff is pretty legit. I was watching an interview with the dirt5 lead and he said that even in the last week they patched it on XSX to improve issues from it.

I would expect the gap to narrow and in some cases the games will be better on one versus the other. But I think it's pretty clear where cross platform is concerned the gap is going to be really narrow. The DF scrutiny of the games picking up things you're not really going to notice too much in actual play sessions.

I've put in nearly 25h into AC Valhalla now and the screen tearing I've seen only occurs when you switch to the Raven for a bird's eye view. Even then it doesn't always happen. Doesn't really make the Series X a worse experience to play and I'm sure they'll patch it

Comment

Absolutely, it definitely looks like both are effectively going to be neck and neck with the very small variations in tech between the two negating the differences.

Comment

It's starting to look a little embarrassing though. MS marketed as having the most powerful console and it's being equalled and in most cases out performed.
            MS can improve the tools and firmware, but it cant change things like having a unified L3 cache like the PS5 has.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              It's starting to look a little embarrassing though. MS marketed as having the most powerful console and it's being equalled and in most cases out performed.
              MS can improve the tools and firmware, but it cant change things like having a unified L3 cache like the PS5 has.
              You make it sound like this is going to be how it will be for the entire lifecycle and I don't believe for one second that is true.

In this example, sure they've touted this game is optimised for XSX, that it's the most powerful console and then... Well then they are forced to deliver tools late, we go through a pandemic and in Ubisofts case this whole game had a rocky road for sure with other public problems. A little egg on face perhaps, but writing it off as the console performance being poor is rubbish...

Both these consoles are pretty much on a par really they just approach it in different ways and one isn't being used effectively.

Comment

Anyone else had an email from game saying it might not come tomorrow now because of the volume of orders ?
                F***ing fuming

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                  Anyone else had an email from game saying it might not come tomorrow now because of the volume of orders ?
                  F***ing fuming
                  Yep i have had same email, are they using Yodel for yours?

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                    Yep i have had same email, are they using Yodel for yours?
                    Yep yodel and 10 quid extra for postage

Comment

Really? How come they are charging you postage, didnt charge me any extra. Dont give up hope, chances are it will arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        You make it sound like this is going to be how it will be for the entire lifecycle and I don't believe for one second that is true.

In this example, sure they've touted this game is optimised for XSX, that it's the most powerful console and then... Well then they are forced to deliver tools late, we go through a pandemic and in Ubisofts case this whole game had a rocky road for sure with other public problems. A little egg on face perhaps, but writing it off as the console performance being poor is rubbish...

Both these consoles are pretty much on a par really they just approach it in different ways and one isn't being used effectively.
                        Not at all. I said before the seriesX can easily catch up. But the PS5 has some hardware advantages that make higher framerate easier that the seriesX doesn't. Software changed might not make up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Not at all. I said before the seriesX can easily catch up. But the PS5 has some hardware advantages that make higher framerate easier that the seriesX doesn't. Software changed might not make up for that.
                          I guess we will see how things pan out. I've just watched the entirety of this video and it just sounds like Ubisofts new Anvil engine just hasn't been optimised to each of the platforms. The PS5 is definitely better but not immune which to me sounds more like Ubi just rushed this one out for launch.

The other interesting part is that they mention that frame rate is the biggest issue but on Xbox if you have VRR available on your display it all but fixes this issue. Obviously PS5 doesn't have VRR available, yet.

So at least in this example I'd lean towards it being rushed and the Xbox comes off worse. It will be interesting to see what Ubisoft do in the coming weeks and whether the patch things on all platforms. Really I don't think any of these issues should be occurring on any of these machines when using a dynamic resolution.

Comment

Are any UK retailers doing a midnight launch?

Remember those? I miss 'em.

Comment

Tomorrow, tomorrow.
                              PlayStation tomorrow.
                              It's only a sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep,
                              Awaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Are any UK retailers doing a midnight launch?

Remember those? I miss 'em.
                                Nope. Sony banned all uk retailers from doing walk ins for the launch, delivery only. Right move given the current climate, but a little sad for us hard core that want to get excited and line up.

Comment

Working...
                                X