• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kena and Ratchet are both on my can’t flippin wait list

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Returnal is getting some good reviews.

I'm enjoying Nier: Replicant before RE:VIII though so I might pick this up later on.

It sounds like an atmospheric rogue like with some tough combat. Should be pretty popular here I would have thought.
      I'll be grabbing that one some time.

Comment

Teddy is playing Returnal here: https://www.twitch.tv/teddyukmeow

Comment

Jeez. Absolutely stunning.

Last edited by hudson; 29-04-2021, 21:48.

Comment

Don’t need to even watch it. Just take my money.

Comment

Certainly has the best graphics of anything so far and a frame-rate to match it, but it also looks like it plays exactly like its previous games, big yawn. What happened to all this hyped up warping from the previous trailers? looks like a pile of nothing.

Comment

Just streamed some Returnal for an hour.

Holy hell is it (a) gorgeous (b) difficult (c) a riot.

Brilliant stuff from Housemarque!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Teddy is playing Returnal here: https://www.twitch.tv/teddyukmeow
                  Enjoyed that with Teddy and Kryss. Game looks absolutely wicked

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    Certainly has the best graphics of anything so far and a frame-rate to match it, but it also looks like it plays exactly like its previous games, big yawn. What happened to all this hyped up warping from the previous trailers? looks like a pile of nothing.
                    Have to agree with this. Technically, it looks stunning, although it was very telling how much more sparse the later levels looked compared to the jam-packed first stage. Mechanically, it looked bland, which is why I've probably never played the previous games. Returnal looks more promising, although the last thing I wanted in a Housemarque game were human characters and a plot.
                    Last edited by bcass; 30-04-2021, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      I think it's definitely a contender for best graphics this year when it drops. The amount of detail and effects going on makes it very pretty indeed.

Like you though, game wise it just looks like another platformer with standard mechanics outside of the rift/tear warping stuff going on.

I don't want to slate it for that though. There is nothing wrong with that at all, just it's still a hard sell for £70... But then in my opinion anything is a hard sell at that price.

I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes though based solely on its next gen looks.

Comment

Wow, the droopy drawers in here

Comment

Yeah, Ratchet & Clank will be rubbish because Sony have the audacity to charge money for a single game rather than being it on their subscription service.

If they put it on GamePass, though, it's be the bestest thing since bread learned how to slice itself.

Comment

Yeah let's not throw the £70 at Sony and hope it sticks, MS will be charging the same.
                            I haven't played much of Ratchet and Clank, there's nothing wrong with it, but it hasn't really grabbed me. That said, if I was young I'd play the hell out of it, and that the real demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Yeah, Ratchet & Clank will be rubbish because Sony have the audacity to charge money for a single game rather than being it on their subscription service.

If they put it on GamePass, though, it's be the bestest thing since bread learned how to slice itself.
                              Returnal and Ratchet would obviously be the best evers if on gamepass though

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Returnal and Ratchet would obviously be the best evers if on gamepass though
                                Thing is, GP is £100 and if both games landed on GP it's considerably cheaper than buying both at £70. I'm no great defender of GP but I do like saving cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X