No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games are better on Game Pass coz they're free. This is true. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is about to drop on there and it's a guilty pleasure. With a good looking game like this new Ratchet, it will probably sell like cwazy due to how stunning it looks. Probably the Insomniac logo that appears too.

Comment

The graphics in this game look astonishing. I'm picking this up on release for the eye candy alone!

I do know where people are coming from on the gameplay side - to be honest it hasn't exactly blown my nuts off on that front since its initial reveal. But I reckon it's going to be one of those delightfully slick and frictionless games that doesn't need to have tremendously deep gameplay, because it'll simply be a very fun ride to strap into (see also: Spider-Man).

And can we leave the console snores wars at the door please...it's not a zero sum game, Microsoft don't have to lose points in order for Sony to have a good game.

EDIT: Oh, and on the £70 thing - yeah, it's such a ridiculous hike. The US only went up froMicrosoft? Corporation60 to $70. We went from £50 to £70, practically a 50% increase. But you know what, I am an adult with a job and this is my main hobby so, eh, eff it. I'm not going to bother protesting with my wallet, I'm just going to buy it on release.
      Last edited by wakka; 30-04-2021, 08:15.

Comment

To be honest according to the inflation calculation £40 in 2000 is £68 now.
        I guess it's moved with the price of inflation, the problem is wages haven't.

Use our inflation calculator to check how prices in the UK have changed over time, from 1209 to now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          To be honest according to the inflation calculation £40 in 2000 is £68 now.
          I guess it's moved with the price of inflation, the problem is wages haven't.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mone...ion-calculator
          Very true!

Comment

So not the fault of publishers at all but employers for putting profits above workers....oh wait

Comment

It's £70 but I'll get £40+ trading them back in so in the end not that expensive.

It'd be great to have such big games day one on something like Game Pass. I mean, I can have Game Pass... but then I'd recieve no big AAA games

Returnal, it does look good and I look forward to starting it up but reading the reviews its blatantly going to be one of those play for a week and get rid jobs because they've gone for frustration > fun like Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                It's £70 but I'll get £40+ trading them back in so in the end not that expensive.

It'd be great to have such big games day one on something like Game Pass. I mean, I can have Game Pass... but then I'd recieve no big AAA games

Returnal, it does look good and I look forward to starting it up but reading the reviews its blatantly going to be one of those play for a week and get rid jobs because they've gone for frustration > fun like Souls.
                Amazon keep throwing top up offers or free money for trying out their apps and stuff so got it from them for a far more reasonable price than the original £70 price tag.

Comment

Could have had one of these, mum was fishing for what I wanted for my birthday this year she asked if I wanted a ps5. Seeing as I don’t have a 4K tv and there’s sod all out on it I ended up declining. However she has offered to buy me a taiko force level 5 tattacon so i’m Looking forward to getting hold of that. Think I’ll eventually jump on the ps5 train in a few years when there’s more stuff out and the older stuff is super cheap.

Comment

I'm not bagging the game here guys. I think it looks amazing, I said as much. I also said it looks like a solid platformer so it's not like it's lipstick on a pig.

All I was saying is once you get past the visuals and the little warp/rift feature it's pretty much a standard platformer.

That's great but at £70 asking price I still think that's an expensive entry fee. I'm not comparing it to game pass either because I don't think you can in a fair way when the value proposition is so different.

I just don't think Sony should be slapping £70 on every title regardless.

Comment

The pricing are a real sticking point. For someone who hasnt played the past game enough to be a fan, they are indeed asking a lot for a bit of a gamble. The reviews have to be uber 9-10/10 for me to part with £70. I won't be buying blindly based on looks. Will wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        I'm not bagging the game here guys. I think it looks amazing, I said as much. I also said it looks like a solid platformer so it's not like it's lipstick on a pig.

All I was saying is once you get past the visuals and the little warp/rift feature it's pretty much a standard platformer.

That's great but at £70 asking price I still think that's an expensive entry fee. I'm not comparing it to game pass either because I don't think you can in a fair way when the value proposition is so different.

I just don't think Sony should be slapping £70 on every title regardless.
                        I think £70 as a standard 'full price' for first party games is high and it's a massive hike over the £50 last gen. But I don't reckon you can impugn R&C's credentials as a AAA title - the graphics and animation are eye-popping!

Comment

I just learned a new word, thanks [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]

I dont think he was denying it's beauty though.

Comment

No, not at all - to be clearer, I guess I was just disagreeing with the idea that something that's 'just' a platformer shouldn't be £70. Not that I think this will scale the heady heights of a Mario at its best, but it's clearly a big budget, big dick 'full price' game, regardless of genre

Whether or not £70 is a fair price for a full price game is another question entirely, however!
                            Last edited by wakka; 30-04-2021, 12:15.

Comment

Games shouldn’t be £70 nowadays regardless of quality, it’s pretty simple.
                              Sony, MS and Nintendo are making more money than they ever have before from third parties and F2P titles, 30% of every transaction so there’s literally no reason consumers should brunt that additional cost.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                big dick 'full price' game
                                Quoted for posterity

Comment

Working...
                                X