Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Thought I'd pop in to share the excitement of opening a new console, but it's just a load of people giving delivery updates.
    This is the most exciting part.

Comment

Unboxed, setup, downloading a couple of bits.

The console itself is big but not the unwieldy behemoth it's made to look in the photos online. It fits in the unit I have when I honestly thought it wouldn't.

It's quiet, well built and feels premium.

DualSense is rather lovely. Sits well in the hand and buttons are comfy - they feel a little spongier than the DualShock 4 buttons though.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Yeah, the bit where everybody talks about what percentage the day one patch has downloaded is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          3:30 "scheduled delivery". May as well do some work...

Comment

Mine just arrived. Delivery guys were joking about how they've delivered 50 so far and not a single person has missed their delivery slot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Got mine.

Just enjoying a MaccyDs breakfast before setting up.
                Classic. I always insist on a McD's for either new console or big game launches. Aren't you meant to be losing weight, too? I love the 'not giving a ****'.

On Switch launch day I even got lucky and ended up with 10 McNuggets.

Last edited by dataDave; 19-11-2020, 10:02.

Comment

I'm definitely putting an order in for a console as soon as I hear about any more pre-orders going up. We're not quite out of the financial bind yet, but I've been working far too hard this year to end up with 'just' an RTX3080 and CP2077 as a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Classic. I always insist on a McD's for either new console or big game launches. Aren't you meant to be losing weight, too? I love the 'not giving a ****']
                    I've been good for a long time so I'm allowed a "treat day" once in a while.

Comment

Steam Input Added additional support for the PS5 DualSense controller including LED, trackpad, rumble, and gyro functionality. Added a directional swipe mode for use with trackpads and gyro Server Browser Server browser packets (A2S_INFO, A2S_PLAYER, A2S_RULES) sent by clients will now be at least 1200 bytes.

Valve have released a new beta client that increases DualSense support on Steam to a level that now matches the support for DualShock 4. Haptics and Adaptive Trigger support is still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        Classic. I always insist on a McD's for either new console or big game launches. Aren't you meant to be losing weight, too? I love the 'not giving a ****'.

On Switch launch day I even got lucky and ended up with 10 McNuggets.

"I remember the day I got 10 nuggets, because it's the same day I got my Switch!"

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          I've been good for a long time so I'm allowed a "treat day" once in a while.
                          We have a once-a-month rule for fast food, and make a small event out of it. The kid loves it.

Comment

God Bless you Alan

Comment

Mine turned up 0930...Astro's playroom WOW

Comment

Ok all my deliveries are out on the road, even Yodel, though like DPD not looking like i will get until this afternoon, Amazon have not given any time window so who knows. The race is on now as to who can deliver first, just hope and prey one arrives before the wife gets home so i can play

Comment

Working...
                                X