No announcement yet.

Awesome moments in games that make you smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything in Astro Bots playroom just makes me giggle and smile, every square mm is packed with packed love and care. I would of paid £100 for it on launch.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That reminds me of playing Arizona Sunshine with [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION].

It's so janky, with our broken wristed avatars, I was crying with laughter, but it's also bloody terrifying at times.
      If you play it sitting down, you look like a little ET walking around to other players too

Comment

Coming out the other end of that tunnel at 2:25. The draw distance amazes me every single time as it never drops a frame. It's the same astonishment I used to get from seeing AM2's arcade racers back in the day. There's no grey area at all with that valley, it's just packed with detail and stuff going on.

Comment

I love how games can still make my jaw drop.

I'm currently playing Titanfall 2 and there's a bit that was so amazing, I had to tell someone, unfortunately for my disinterested wife.

You get a kind of watch that lets you jump backwards and forwards through time.
          In the present, the base is trashed with rogue alien monsters attacking you, in the past, the base is shiny and new but packed full of soldiers hunting you down.
          The soldiers see you and open fire, so you jump time, move next to where they were (blue glowing orbs) then go back and sneak attack.

I spent ages just flipping back and forth, looking at the old and new base.

There are also platforming sections where the wall-running surfaces are only there in one or the other timeline, so you're hopping between walls and time.

The whole sequence finishes with everything just freezing in time and you can walk around an explosion.

The whole thing was really well done and felt really fresh.

Comment

I really loved the house fabrication level in Titanfall 2 as well. They really trusted your ability to keep up with it pretty early in the game and it felt great.

Comment

There is a moment in Rez Area X VR, right at the beginning, when you trigger the floating box and a massive sound hits you with the same power of the nuclear foghorn in War of the Worlds. It sets you up for what is about to come. The whole game makes you smile from start to finish.

Comment

Oooh, I just thought of one.

The bit of Blood & Truth when you finally get two fully automatic weapons, one in each hand.

The game's designed so you almost do this a bunch of times, but then there's a moment on a rooftop where you finally get two, with plenty of ammo, and go to town. It's AMAZEBALLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I haven't. I'll have to watch out for it. Looks like the first one is due on Capcom Arcade Stadium soon.
                  Gigawing is already on Capcom Arcade Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Gigawing is already on Capcom Arcade Stadium.
                    Yeah, I need to pick it up. Got a Switch arcade stick and ready to go so no excuse really.

Comment

Playing God of War on the PC with a Xbox one controller, feels very surreal also having the game at a super smooth frame rate is awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X