The Simulator game genre. A discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Simulator game genre. A discussion.

Does anyone here play any games with 'Simulator' in the title?

I imagine Flight Simulator might be a popular choice. Farming Simulator also?

There's a tonne of Simulator games that look to be from the same publisher or something. Firemen Simulator, Airport Simulator etc... I've not had any experience on these games, well mainly because they look a bit hmm not sure. Plus there seems to be an awful lot of them. Do these games get churned out?

Personally, I'm playing Bus Simulator. Gives me that buzz I got with Tokyo Bus Guide on DC and PS2, but it's a bit more fleshed out.

Oh and a bit of American Truck Simulator. Which is really good, but I've not put much time into. I got into that through Limmy

I mean, it's probably quite a niche genre

Comment

Construction Vehicle Simulator gave me some pleasure for a while.
      I keep buying Farming Simulator games but get bored very quickly, although auto pilot was a nice addition.

Comment

Airport Simulator and Bus Simulator are both in my pile of shame.

Comment

Yes, pile of shame. I'm starting to tell people I usually wouldn't, but after a few times of blocking insults, they gave in and accept me again Embrace the shame.

Comment

Yeeaah love American Truck simulator and was recently thrilled by Fligh simulator. And yes respectively I have steering wheel and flight stick for both.

As a child I was obsessed with trains and had quite a gnarly collection of trains Inc German imports etc yes really opening the door here haha. But havnt jumped off into Train sims...yet. however, I would like to.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Yeeaah love American Truck simulator and was recently thrilled by Fligh simulator. And yes respectively I have steering wheel and flight stick for both.

As a child I was obsessed with trains and had quite a gnarly collection of trains Inc German imports etc yes really opening the door here haha. But havnt jumped off into Train sims...yet. however, I would like to.
              Sounds like you need some arcade train sim in your life with some Densha De GO!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Sounds like you need some arcade train sim in your life with some Densha De GO!
                You are really not wrong, I did take an interest in the plug and play. Hopefully one day they will do an English PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  There are some amazing ones, right? Me and my boy were in a model shop over in Arnhem prior to all the lockdowns and one of the staff let us play with one of the display models that'd been set up. All the noises and smoke, and even the controls... Super fascinating. Jimbo was in his element.

I'd genuinely love to get us both into that hobby. It's just prohibitively expensive, especially at the moment.

it requires commitment, too. You can't just settle with a set for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    There are some amazing ones, right? Me and my boy were in a model shop over in Arnhem prior to all the lockdowns and one of the staff let us play with one of the display models that'd been set up. All the noises and smoke, and even the controls... Super fascinating. Jimbo was in his element.

I'd genuinely love to get us both into that hobby. It's just prohibitively expensive, especially at the moment.

it requires commitment, too. You can't just settle with a set for Christmas.
                    Hehe not wrong and yeah not cheap. My Dad had a few auf wiedersehen pet stints in the late 80s / early 90s and would bring them back. Luckily when my bro moved out we could dedicate a room to it which looking back was extremely boss

Comment

Working...
                    X