No announcement yet.

PS3 & PSVita digital stores closing altogether

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out ETA Prime's youtube channel I linked to in previous post. He frequently reviews cheap mini PCs that will work well in your front-room. LaunchBox / BigBox would be my front-end of choice for that kind of thing, then you can dump the mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Anything tasty ps3 wise I should try to pick up before close?

Comment

Castlevania Harmony of Despair will be unobtainable after the shutdown, that one came to mind. Multiplayer is probably long dead but you can solo if you're good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
          Check out ETA Prime's youtube channel I linked to in previous post. He frequently reviews cheap mini PCs that will work well in your front-room. LaunchBox / BigBox would be my front-end of choice for that kind of thing, then you can dump the mouse and keyboard.
          I second this, his channel is great if you want to check out emulation builds at various price points.

Just been catching up on this news. It's a bit crazy and sad to be fair. Especially given something as recent as the PS3 isn't even backward compatible on PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Hmmm, I was thinking of building a media centre PC for my front room; I need to look a bit at the spec needed for this sort of thing.
            I was thinking of doing the same but the prices for graphics cards are insane at the moment and with the current chip shortages thats unlikely to improve anytime soon. Also the biggest thing putting me off emulation is faffing about with settings for each title to get it running at its best.

Alternative is to install CFW onto the original hardware and play backups, hacking a PSP and VITA is pretty simple and there are already hacks for the PS3 although I have not really looked into the details so no idea how difficult it is. That way you can play all your games perfectly without having to worry about settings or compatibility issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Off the top of my head...

Tokyo Jungle
              The Last Guy
              Trash Panic
              Motorstorm RC
              Savage Moon
              Resistance 1 & 2
              Warhawk (servers are probably gone though)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                Also the biggest thing putting me off emulation is faffing about with settings for each title to get it running at its best.
                This is kinda where I've been "at" with it for some time. When I say that MD and NeoGeo emulation is a "solved problem", I kinda mean "someone else has solved all the problems". These days you can safely fling any MD game at a competent emulator and just expect it to work with literally zero adjustment, and SNES etc. are all practically there too.

I'm impressed by that more recent Xenosaga video, but I'm literally looking for a solution where I can get a load of disc images, spend ONE evening configuring an emulator to have good settings for my TV etc. and then just play anything else on a platform without having to extensively configure each one.

Comment

Another thing about this. In order to be able to download the games to your consoles after the shutdown, they have to have been downloaded at least once.

Comment

I guess that, especially, will affect cross buy titles where you may have played the PS4 version and later want to put on vita, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                      I guess that, especially, will affect cross buy titles where you may have played the PS4 version and later want to put on vita, for example.
                      If you still have a PS3 you can download the Vita version to that and install it from there at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Another thing about this. In order to be able to download the games to your consoles after the shutdown, they have to have been downloaded at least once.
                        Clever. I'm sure loads of us have tons of PSPlus games we never actually downloaded and the PS3's a nightmare to download stuff, because if a game is 40gb, you actually need 80gb free to download it (as it needs to reserve enough room for the download AND the installed game).

Comment

I find it slightly amusing and a fair kick in the chops that Sony end their blog post on this with:

"Play has no limits"...

Umm ok....

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Plenty.

Also, here is a list of system exclusives:

Comment

I see people on The Internet talking about a big blow out sale happening before the stores shut down. Apparently Sony removed the ability for PS3 and Vita games to go on sale a few months ago so publishers can no longer discount their own games so don't count on a sale.

Comment

Was there never a physical release or PS4 release of Metal Gear 3 in HD? As I've still never played that through.

Comment

Working...
                                X