GT4 Graphics???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT4 Graphics???

Now that a lot of people have played prologue can anyone shed some light on the graphics.

Is it a completely new engine? Are the visuals amazing? Is there anti-aliasing and lastly, does it compare to PGR2?

Cheers!

Its a new engine yes. Theres minor background/texture pop-up evident in the tracks but what they've done is used huge 2D backgrounds to add a sence of scale.
    The other addon is the use of higher res textures which really stand out in the New York and Grand Canyon tracks.

Theres also animated (read moving) crowds in the rally sections and whilst some people have complained they don't look real, they're lying. And it add odles of atmosphere which is sadly lacking for many titles.

The problem is the AI is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Afterbirth
      Ahh, thats more a concern for me (being an anti-graphics whore). Who cares if it's "hang in the Louvre"-pretty if it plays like arse?!

I was kinda hoping for decent AI this time around, but i guess i'll keep plugging on with TOCA... Though maybe thats the reason the real game is being delayed?

Comment

Graphics are top notch and seem sharper than before and it has the best sound in a driving game bar none.

My only problem is that the Prologue had virtually no other cars on the road so will be interesting to see if there is slowdown when there are.

Comment

you can switch on other racers (for 3 arcade tracks) in the options.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zed
              Originally posted by Afterbirth
              Ahh, thats more a concern for me (being an anti-graphics whore). Who cares if it's "hang in the Louvre"-pretty if it plays like arse?!

I was kinda hoping for decent AI this time around, but i guess i'll keep plugging on with TOCA... Though maybe thats the reason the real game is being delayed?
              I'm with you on this, the handling of the cars in the GT series is alwas very very very good. But the racing.... STINKS ! only 8 cars on the track and the AI is like an old 8bit game, I hoped they would finally do something about it, for some true racing I go for Toca also. and ofcourse Indy racing league is the king when it comes to close racing.

Comment

Working...
              X