This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

There's no first play so I'm asking here.

Did anyone get Kirby recently and play it in multiplayer? I'm hearing lots of positive stuff about it in general but I'm wondering if it's a good 2p couch thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        There's no first play so I'm asking here.

Did anyone get Kirby recently and play it in multiplayer? I'm hearing lots of positive stuff about it in general but I'm wondering if it's a good 2p couch thing.
        It's kind of passable but the person who is stuck controlling the waddle dee is limited to just the spear and no other abilities also the camera will follow kirby at all times so if you're waddle dee the camera dont care meaning if kirby goes too far witho out you then you'll be pushed off screen and warp back.

Comment

I bought it and it went straight on the shelf. Will have to play that tonight with the other half as i got it for the coop.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            It's kind of passable but the person who is stuck controlling the waddle dee is limited to just the spear and no other abilities also the camera will follow kirby at all times so if you're waddle dee the camera dont care meaning if kirby goes too far witho out you then you'll be pushed off screen and warp back.
            Yeah, this is the frustration with it - there's no powers for the second player and there's no real freedom to split up and explore.

Comment

Laziness from Square-Enix.

Comment

Shame they half arsed it. Playing it portably on Switch could be OK and you do get Radical Dreamers with it, but seeing it run worse than the original is just... I was hoping they'd actually smooth out the framerate.

Comment

Astonishing how these big companies fail to do the bare minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Shame they half arsed it. Playing it portably on Switch could be OK and you do get Radical Dreamers with it, but seeing it run worse than the original is just... I was hoping they'd actually smooth out the framerate.
                    Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Astonishing how these big companies fail to do the bare minimum.

Both spot-on.

Such a shame that Square-Enix appear to want to take all the goodwill they've gained for committing to revisiting their JRPG archive for granted with lazy porting.

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Booster Course Pass coming.

Calling it now!

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-04-2022, 15:19.

Comment

True the 2 player in Kirby is not proper, we've been enjoying it nonetheless, and that aside this is top tier Nintendo fully fledged Mario game level. The music and art design is amezzin.

Comment

Spear dude is fun enough without all the power-ups. I reckon he could have Kirby in a fight.

Me and my boy fell off it because I picked up SM3DW in a sale. He became proper addicted to that instead so now his mum has banned him from video games for a month. I don’t really have the heart to continue Kirby by myself. No rush.

Comment

Game Boy Advance games coming to Nintendo Switch Online? Looks like it.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-04-2022, 08:19.

Comment

As long as I don't have to have the premium level.

Made use of the weak yen and got NSO for one month in order to get the discount digital coupons. 2 tickets for 9980yen, each redeemable for a first party game. Kirby is $80+tax here, the coupons and membership set me back $110. Now to figure out which other game I get, probably Advance Wars or Splatoon 3.

The only downside is you need NSO membership when you buy AND use the coupons, so I may have to renew the membership again later. I'm still saving money on these games, so I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                As long as I don't have to have the premium level.
                                I'll be shocked if Game Boy games on NSO don't require an Expansion Pack subscription. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X