Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New reports dispute Bayonetta voice actor's $4000 pay offer claims | Eurogamer.net
    Eurogamer has reported on it with the addition that Taylor has responded to say that claims she was set to earn more than $4,000 in total are a lie

Comment

Hmm, the plot thickens. Maybe we have all been taken in and instead, she's had some illusions of grandeur.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Hmm, the plot thickens. Maybe we have all been taken in and instead, she's had some illusions of grandeur.
        The point I guess is that they can't both be right, someone is lying, and neither one of them have actually posted proof.

I don't like to back companies over people (because that threatens to be a bit crabs-in-a-bucket) but maybe the burden is on the voice actor here - because if they'd come out and said they were unhappy with the recasting, that's one thing - but they came out and tried to sink the whole Bayonetta franchise because of this with a request for a boycott, which could have damaged the livelihood of many other creatives.

Comment

Curious about the living wage part. It's undoubtedly an inconsistent line of work as its short term contract based but if you booked in 7-8 jobs in a year at that amount then you're earning a living wage. If you book less then you're not but that's not the responsibility of any one single contracting company unless they're clearly paying under a reasonable rate. It's hard to know without yet knowing how much dialogue Bayonetta has in B3 but I imagine the games release next week will respark that debate

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Curious about the living wage part
            Yeah; I'm not sure about this, and how it works re: contract workers. Salaried workers and even gig workers it's more straightforward, as a living wage is just a decent amount for working the typical 40-hour work-week.

But for contract workers, no single employer has that responsibility (collectively all employers share it). And working in the media makes that doubly tricky because they'll have to audition for jobs, and if they just fail to land loads of parts, I don't know if you can honestly say that the few they do land have a responsibility to pay for the shortfall.

Looking at her IMDB, this would've been her first media role in eight years (I think she's been doing theatre work) - so I don't know if she can really claim to be a "full time" VA? But I don't know how many parts she's auditioned for in the interim.

Comment

I look forward to playing Bayonetta 3 on release day.

Comment

Yeah, big surprise, details are now starting to trickle out and the situation's ugly. Lots of subtweeting from people with a stake in it, too.

Voice actors deserve better treatment, and I'm sad to hear Hellena's in a bad place, however I will be buying the game.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  More context to how the voice acting space works by another actor:

"Initially, I caught a lot of ME fan hate for taking that job"

I'm convinced that being a devout fan of something is much more about being angry about that thing than it is enjoying it.

Comment

Comment

It’s a good game. Had no idea it was Switch bound.

Comment

its really rough on switch they did a piss poor job of optimising it, no excuse really as the switch is way more capable than that. It's a damn x360 game they have no excuse for releasing it in the state it's in.

Comment

That’s a shame. Yes, there isn’t really any reason why it shouldn’t be great on the system.

Comment

Yeah it indeed is as I love that game, I bought the remaster on PS4 I would have gotten it for portable play but no way I’m supporting such half assed efforts I’m sure it will get patches but why should anyone have to wait. There’s Indies that put their hearts & soul into making games and I’d rather support them. Far too many games been released in shoddy condition and it been blamed on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              its really rough on switch they did a piss poor job of optimising it, no excuse really as the switch is way more capable than that. It's a damn x360 game they have no excuse for releasing it in the state it's in.
                              Xbox 360 game yes, but Alan Wake is a weird game in performance terms; it was very, very carefully optimised for the 360. Whoever decided to do this obviously underestimated the task.

Comment

It is the remastered version. That might make a difference.
                                But Control in graphics mode on the ps5 runs like a dog, so they don't have a great history of optimisation.

Comment

Working...
                                X