X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Trust you to respond!

No doubt that the OG artwork is iconic (I posted as much in the no-text artwork gallery thread!), but WayForward have clearly done it justice with their modern take on it.

I'm excited for Re-Boot Camp and I think it will do the original GBA games justice.
    To be honest I actually prefer the new box art but only on the grounds that I always hated the big silver tacky large “gameboy advance” area on the left of the eu boxes.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-10-2021, 11:54.

Comment

Western gb/gbc/gba boxes always looked rank, the logo was always obnoxious on them. Even gbc japanese boxes had that same logo crap on them. Jpn gba however, yes please least they got those perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Honestly who cares about the new oled model? Just get the slight battery upgrade one if you really want to play on it.
        The new screen is quite a bit bigger and a lot nicer. Plus, if I'm buying a new Switch I don't really want the old one.

And no, we're not that desperate yet, so I'll just wait until I can walk in and buy one next year sometime. Hopefully before Triangle Strategy.
        Last edited by dataDave; 03-10-2021, 11:46.

Comment

Trust you to respond!
          I figured out what it was; I was struggling to articulate it because I actually like the piece, and I don't take issue with the specific, obvious changes they've made (like making the tank look more like an actual in-game tank).

It's this:

[IMG][/IMG]

In the original, the tank flexes upwards, in a cartoon-elastic manner, but in the new one, it doesn't.

Seems like a small thing (and it most certainly is) but there was just something about it that felt really different.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            I figured out what it was; I was struggling to articulate it because I actually like the piece, and I don't take issue with the specific, obvious changes they've made (like making the tank look more like an actual in-game tank).

It's this:

[IMG][/IMG]

In the original, the tank flexes upwards, in a cartoon-elastic manner, but in the new one, it doesn't.

Seems like a small thing (and it most certainly is) but there was just something about it that felt really different.
            And now I can’t un see that. Now i hate EVERYTHING about the remake. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              The new screen is quite a bit bigger and a lot nicer. Plus, if I'm buying a new Switch I don't really want the old one.

And no, we're not that desperate yet, so I'll just wait until I can walk in and buy one next year sometime. Hopefully before Triangle Strategy.
              With the component shortage ongoing i don't think the oled models will be easy to get for quite some time after the initial batch is sold out. Things are gonna be like this for the next few years at this rate.

Comment

Guys just wait for the PRO model.

Sniggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I figured out what it was
                  Literally inventing an issue just for the sake of it.

Wow...just, wow...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    And now I can’t un see that. Now i hate EVERYTHING about the remake. Oh well.
                    THERE HE IS!! THE REAL FISHBOWLHEAD IS BACK!!!

Comment

Literally inventing an issue just for the sake of it.

Wow...just, wow...
                      I aim to please.

Comment

Neat, the Online dragon quest X mmorpg is getting converted to an offline game so far only for japan but i hold out hope it gets released in the west or i just go plain hardcore and try to do another in japanese although after enjoying 11 in english immensely i may wait if i know its gonna definitely come out.

Have a feeling DQ12 will be a loooong time before it's released & it will probably on PS5 so a previous DQ i have yet to play will be something to enjoy in the meantime.

Comment

The Ultimate era of SSB draws to a close with Sakurai-san's confirmation of the final fighter.

(TBC - Presentation still ongoing)

Comment

Well, at least it's not another anime sword user (kinda).

Comment

Nice, just... nice... fits the game fine but evokes also how it's the rightful time to wrap the DLC up for Smash

Comment

Monkey Ball Banana Mania is out.

It's $40 in the US (approx £29)... And £35 in the UK. They're charging an additional ~£6 for... Well, we all know the reason.

EDIT: Turns out it's tax. I thought the eShop included tax in the displayed price; turns out they add it at the checkout, depending on what state you're in.
                                Last edited by Asura; 06-10-2021, 07:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X