Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd play advances wars, metroid, fatal Frame and Zelda. Probably super monkey ball too for a bit.
    Im not a big Nintendo fan but I can see that going down pretty well.

Comment

We all knew they couldn't resist reviving the G&W brand!

I was going to ask why Vermin was the actual G&W title included on the Zelda Anniversary G&W and not the original Zelda G&W (one of the best G&W games) until i remembered that it is a dual-screened model!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I'm all over Metroid 5. Sign me up. Pump it into my veins. Thank you.
        Yeah, I'm ready for a new 2D Metroid. Nice surprise, that. If they do get some 'dread' in there, all the better. That and SMT5 are my personal wants from that show.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Gonna be a pain trying to secure a zelda G&W the mario ones were a bitch to do on release you had to be there the minute the preorders went live, hopefully i can get lucky again on amazon Jp/uk nintendo store.
          No it won't.

Interest in the Mario Anniversary G&W died once it was confirmed that you couldn't software-hack it. Retailers struggled to give them away - Amazon were selling them half-price at one point!

I expect similar here.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            Yeah, I'm ready for a new 2D Metroid. Nice surprise, that. If they do get some 'dread' in there, all the better. That and SMT5 are my personal wants from that show.
            It looks like it is building on the 3DS Metroid Samus Returns. No bad thing - that was an enjoyable game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              No it won't.

Interest in the Mario Anniversary G&W died once it was confirmed that you couldn't software-hack it. Retailers struggled to give them away - Amazon were selling them half-price at one point!

I expect similar here.
              I'm talking on release not months down the line, amazon japans preorders vanished within less than an hour.

Comment

A decrepit synapse just fired in my brain and I remembered that 'Dread' was the codename for the intended follow-up to Fusion that never came. Hope this is it, as Fusion is my fave Metroid. Might give it another play

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  I'm talking on release not months down the line, amazon japans preorders vanished within less than an hour.
                  It wasn't months down the line. Mario G&Ws were still readily available from plenty of places.

Even accounting for everything, they were still easy to procure once released.

Can't imagine getting FOMO on not getting a Zelda G&W on day one but that's just me, lol. *shrugs*
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-06-2021, 17:10.

Comment

Fatal Frame is being released on all consoles.

Comment

Looks like the jpn presentation had way more games announced just skipped through, had a bunch of cave shooters in the non nintendo segments as well as stuff like shinchan boku natsu and powerful pro pocket & tokimeki memorial.

Comment

Slightly disappointed but still it weren’t that bad really . Just expected more tbh

Comment

Dread is being developed by MercurySteam who did Samus Returns.

They also did the pretty naff Castlevania games on PS3 / Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Dread is being developed by MercurySteam who did Samus Returns.

They also did the pretty naff Castlevania games on PS3 / Xbox 360.
                            As expected. Total Samus Returns vibes.

Lords of Shadow was decent.

Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (originally a 3DS game) was mediocre.

Lords of Shadow 2 was awful.

Comment

A decrepit synapse just fired in my brain and I remembered that 'Dread' was the codename for the intended follow-up to Fusion that never came. Hope this is it, as Fusion is my fave Metroid. Might give it another play
                              It was also mentioned IIRC in Metroid Prime 3, on the Space Pirates' planet.

Comment

It is. Fusion was Metroid 4, and this is Metroid 5. The suit looks a bit like the Fusion suit too, just upgraded a tad - which we all know is a blank canvas anyway for what follows a couple of hours into any Metroid game.

Comment

Working...
                                X