Megadrive mini, gets another wave of official hardware addons lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megadrive mini, gets another wave of official hardware addons lol

Seems Sega was not totally content with just releasing the tower of power addon for the megadrive mini there is now a powerbase converter with a selection of carts/mkIII cards to decorate your megadrive mini with.

Out oct 21st for 4980yen

Official section on the sega md mini website
    1988年に誕生した、セガ5番目の家庭用テレビゲーム機「メガドライブ」。そのメガドライブの発売から約30年を記念して、当時の思い出を凝縮し、手のひらサイズで再現した、セガがおくる新しいゲームマシン「メガドライブミニ」の登場です。

Fair play to Sega they've cottoned on that people my age still want to buy game things but not actually play any games.

Comment

The official page mentions it's been released to go alongside the lost judgement unjudgement memory game, guessing maybe that has MKIII games in it to play somewhere just like there were sega games to play in the yakuza series.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I'll have go get one just to add to the already amazing mini tower.

Comment

These add ons actually work or just decorative?

Comment

They look so cool
            Could you imagine if they were functional & actually added MK3/Master System games to the library of games on the mini
            That would blow my mind

I do need to grab a MD mini

Neil

Comment

delete

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                These add ons actually work or just decorative?
                just decorative, its pity they didn't, SEGA missed a trick

Comment

Weird that it costs more than the tower set though, especially when the tower set has more parts i'm thinking Sega hasn't revealed everything in the set yet. Also i'm getting this weird feeling that my constant MKIII mini wish maybe coming sooner than i thought. I keep spamming Sega japans twitter account with requests

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                    just decorative, its pity they didn't, SEGA missed a trick
                    Sega would've truly changed the fvcking retro miniconsole game if the MD Mini addons had any actual significant gaming function.

Comment

it would have been very cool i agree, the mcd library isn't exactly stellar but there are some good titles in there. I do like that they haven't forgotten about their mini though. Now if only nintendo had done the same thing with a disk system and satellaview. Had to resort to a 3rd party to get my disk system fix.

Comment

How about hidden ROMs on the bios and activating them by inserting mini cartridges containing an NFC code. Obviously the MD Mini would have needed an NFC reader inside it, but what an idea for collectors, eh? And how about if the mini carts came in mini clamshells with mini manuals? How cool would that be?!?!

Comment

Working...
                        X