Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="Sidez"][quote="gozaimas"]
    Originally posted by Sidez
    It was never referred to as an AES until NGF came along, it's a Neo Geo and Playmore/SNK recognise the home system as one. Case closed. It's hilarious that the Neo community will take NGF terminology over SNK's.
    I referred to it as the AES home system before NGF as did my friends. This is a common misconception that has been spread around by NGF that they first coined the phrase. Its simply not true. To give trhem that much credit is bull. I'ts an acronym- how can you invent that? I am well aware of the history.

I have had an mvs cab and an aes system for a long time now. They have always been referred to as such by the communities I've moved in.

Comment

[quote="gozaimas"][quote="Sidez"]
      Originally posted by gozaimas
      Originally posted by Sidez
      It was never referred to as an AES until NGF came along, it's a Neo Geo and Playmore/SNK recognise the home system as one. Case closed. It's hilarious that the Neo community will take NGF terminology over SNK's.
      I referred to it as the AES home system before NGF as did my friends. This is a common misconception that has been spread around by NGF that they first coined the phrase. Its simply not true. To give trhem that much credit is bull. I'ts an acronym- how can you invent that? I am well aware of the history.

I have had an mvs cab and an aes system for a long time now. They have always been referred to as such by the communities I've moved in.
      Whatever. It's a Neo Geo or NG/NGH (just like Nintendo recognise the acronym SFC and Sega the MD). The press have always referred to it as such and Playmore/SNK have never used the acronym AES. After all wtf, does it mean? My PS2 is an 'Advanced Entertainment System' as is my Xbox. NGF pioneered the acronym whether you like it or not. Before they came along NOBODY referred to the home system as an 'AES'.

Comment

Well it does say Advanced Entertainment System on the front of the unit...

Comment

Oh boy.
          I can just hear the heels digging in.

Comment

Seeing people write GCN bothers me more than seeing the AES abbreviation.

And anyway everyone knows the Xbox is AESWCVO

Comment

In the little sphere of my Video Game owning circle, I'm one of the best players. It means very little in the wider scheme of things, but it doesn't matter, because the rest of the world doesn't often pick up Joypad 2 round my house anyway.

But there's this one guy.

I cannot beat him. He's never owned a console, and the closest he's had to access one is when his brother bought a PS1, and played on it once a month.

No matter what game I play, no matter how new it is, no matter how much practice I put in beforehand... he just sits down, gets a general idea of the controls, and wipes the floor with me. Every. Single. Time.

Grrrrr.

@))-------------
              The Corrupt Rose

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                Has he ever kissed a girl?
                LOL.

My computer gaming skills are lacking and I get bored after about 30 minutes of playing a game. Although saying that I used to rock at PES, even while drunk, I think............

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt Rose
                  In the little sphere of my Video Game owning circle, I'm one of the best players. It means very little in the wider scheme of things, but it doesn't matter, because the rest of the world doesn't often pick up Joypad 2 round my house anyway.

But there's this one guy.

I cannot beat him. He's never owned a console, and the closest he's had to access one is when his brother bought a PS1, and played on it once a month.

No matter what game I play, no matter how new it is, no matter how much practice I put in beforehand... he just sits down, gets a general idea of the controls, and wipes the floor with me. Every. Single. Time.

Grrrrr.

@))-------------
                  The Corrupt Rose
                  LOL.
                  I know a guy like that. Can't beat him at anything except WE6 and mario kart. He's a jammy git. And I say grrrrrr at him too ft:

Comment

my friend is just the same...

even worse, he manages a running commentary throughout, glorifying his moves and belittleing mine.

the guy can just *play*

he's poop at mario tho'

Comment

Originally posted by mcbobin
                      my friend is just the same...

even worse, he manages a running commentary throughout, glorifying his moves and belittleing mine.

the guy can just *play*
                      To be honest- that sounds just like me.

I love riling up my mates when I beat them at games- it just makes things all the more interesting (especially as I almost always beat them )

Comment

Working...
                      X