Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Remake

A remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 is reportedly in the works, with Konami handing development to Virtuos Studios.That's ac…

Clear your GOTY nominations tables, Konami has reportedly tasked Virtuous Studios with remaking MGS3. Remasters of other entries are also said to be in the works along with a 'reimagining' of Castlevania but this remake would arguably be the highest profile title in the works.

Never heard of Virtuos but they seem to be a mega group of support studios that have worked on all sorts of high profile games.

I hope they can do a good job.

Comment

Hopefully it'll be as good as e football

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Hopefully it'll be as good as e football
        But how can you improve on perfection? Sniggers, nope sorry even i can’t keep a straight face at that.

Comment

Comment

!

Comment

I never played this when it came out... I disliked MGS2 so much I never really went back to the series until MGSV.

Is this one actually good then?

Comment

I think Snake Eater's my favourite of em, though I'm looking at a post-Kojima remake of it with suspicion. I'm there for it, but mostly out of curiosity.

Comment

looking at those screen shots it really does look like straight up HD version from the simple looking areas that 3 has, rather than something like ResEvil 4 remake, i'm actually pretty disappointed, if it'll just be a textured upgrade of the PS3 port which ruins the PS2 original.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I never played this when it came out... I disliked MGS2 so much I never really went back to the series until MGSV.

Is this one actually good then?
                    Can't speak to this remake but the original is an incredible game.

Comment

Yep, best in the franchise for me. Hopefully this carries over the Subsistence POV improvements also

Comment

who is developing this? Looking forward to it!

Comment

I really need to finish this.
                          I have the 360 collection, which I was playing on the One.
                          Definitely got up the infinite ladder.
                          I remember that because for laughs I wondered what would happen if you jumped back down.

Well, Kojima had thought of that and if you do it, you're rewarded with some sneak boots that make you run 3x as fast!

Remember to all try this out when you get the remake, then come back here to thank me!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            who is developing this? Looking forward to it!
                            These people:

They seem to mostly work as a support studio for AAAs like Modern Warfare 2, Horizon Forbidden West, etc, on ports like FFX/X-2 for Vita and X-Com 2 for Switch, and on remasters like The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice.

It looks like it's coming in 2024, so I'm looking forward to replaying the original beforehand when the compilation releases later this year.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X