Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

We're a year away and a long way from reveal as well but predictably next years twentieth main series Call of Duty release will be from Infinity Ward and will be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Give it to meeeeeee.

The first one was a ton of fun. I’m excited about the single player eye candy in 4K, and also the videogame cocaine of classic multiplayer. I just felt MW1 felt so nice to play.

Comment

Teasing begins and there's a rumour doing the rounds that IW will release Modern Warfare II early this year with it coming by August 2022 and the end of the year then seeing the launch of Warzone II

Comment

New engine is good. At what point do they jettison last gen?

Comment

Not much we didn't already know, but, I'm into it.

The last MW game was a real looker even at ~900p on an Xbox One (which is how I played it), so I'm looking forward to how much of a visual tour de force this campaign should be on a PS5.

Of course it's not about that though. No. It's all about those sweet, sweet 6v6 crack cocaine Kill Confirmed matches. Just one more round...

Comment

Apparently this is delayed a year into 2024 and we're not getting any new COD past DLC support for existing titles...

I'll be the first to say this is great news. The franchise absolutely needs a break and an extra year should allow them to deliver a better experience.

Last edited by nonny; 23-02-2022, 06:57.

Comment

That's actually not about this game but about next year's game (thank goodness, because I'm really looking forward to MW2 and don't want to wait another year).

Comment

I'm not a huge COD fan but I do like the Infinity Ward games, an extra year will do it good. Modern Warfare 2019 was mint!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  That's actually not about this game but about next year's game (thank goodness, because I'm really looking forward to MW2 and don't want to wait another year).
                  Oh ok I'm wrong then

Edit: I suspect Microsoft have something to do with this decision, and it will be the first COD that won't be on last gen machines.
                  Last edited by MarioMark; 23-02-2022, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    oh yeah it mentions Treyarch... ok ignore me, it was early. I can't think two CODs ahead.

Comment

Interesting that it's Treyarch getting bumped back. You'd assume it would be Sledgehammer given theirs are the ones less well recieved however, if they were thinking of moving the series to be bi-annual then it would make sense to end Sledgehammers entries altogether. After that the delay of 12 months for Treyarch would then lead into a bi-annual IW/Treyarch model meaning Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III would release in 2026

Have to assume that the F2P title next year is Warzone 2. The world really doesn't need another F2P competing entry in the same franchise months after the sequel to the existing one. Hopefully this means MWII will have strong, long running map support

Comment

If I was MS I would very much go with that plan... Leave IW and Treyarch as COD teams and take the other teams off the shelf and working on other IP.

COD just seemed to be the ultimate cash cow for Activision at the detriment to staff so changing the model entirely is warranted.

It might mean less COD but if it's better as a result and the current titles can be supported a little longer I think that's better for everyone.
                        Last edited by nonny; 23-02-2022, 16:29.

Comment

Yeah, it makes total sense. I think it would be great to see the best titles get supported for longer, too, as NI suggests. As opposed to having a fixed life of one year before they're replaced by the next one.

Comment

Logo reveal

Comment

Working...
                            X