Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Boooooooooooooooooooo
    I know you were against it all along, but at least we don't have to hear about it anymore and can move back to talking about the actual games.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      I know you were against it all along, but at least we don't have to hear about it anymore and can move back to talking about the actual games.
      What games its just Cod isnt it

Comment

Now for the most critical question....

.... who they gonna buy next?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Now for the most critical question....

.... who they gonna buy next?
          Sega.

They just cancelled Hyenas which was they're most expensive project to date. Something is going on over there...

Comment

Would anyone want to buy Sega though? Sure they have the IPs, but Sonic aside they haven't done anything with them in years or even decades. The western studios under their umbrella fare a bit better, but Sega managment have a knack for, well, mismanaging things...I think other companies would buy Sega just for Atlus, but it's a little too small of a studio to buy the interity of Sega.

Comment

Mismanaging studios you say? Sounds like a match made in heaven!

The main reasons I could see it happening would be the growth Atlus gives them in appeal on the Japan front and general brand power there, Sonic - which chronic most of the time or not is a big multimedia family brand which MS still has a void for thanks to terrible management -, and the torrent of content that could fuel Game Pass from past releases. Definitely little point letting Sega manage the IP though, tons that would be better doing a Konami and fielding external pitches for instead

Comment

I doubt Microsoft is going to push its luck with anti-competition bodies by buying any more studios in the medium term.

So I guess the ink has dried now.

Comment

Before the gens out I expect another (and small ones before then), though obv nothing close to Acti scale

Comment

Polite wording to say Kotick is being removed from the equation as soon as possible

Comment

Bobby will get a golden parachute in the realm of billions of dollars while any redundacy created by the buyout will be lucky to get the time needed to clean up their desk.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Bobby will get a golden parachute in the realm of billions of dollars while any redundacy created by the buyout will be lucky to get the time needed to clean up their desk.
                        True but that's how this works, that's just business. The good news is he is going and soon, and with it MS has a chance to distance itself from the bad history the company had under his stewardship.

Maybe Xbox gives the Activision CEO position to Sarah Bond? Would certainly change the whole dynamic and company image.

Comment

Xbox now counts among its first party line up:

-Call of Duty
                          -Diablo
                          -Overwatch
                          -Blur
                          -Candy Crush
                          -Caesar
                          -Crash Bandicoot
                          -Spyro the Dragon
                          -Guitar Hero
                          -DJ Hero
                          -Empire Earth
                          -Gabriel Knight
                          -Geometry Wars
                          -Gun
                          -Hearthstone
                          -Heroes of the Storm
                          -Hexen
                          -Interstate 76
                          -King's Quest
                          -The Lost Vikings
                          -Laura Bow Mysteries
                          -Phantasmagoria
                          -Pitfall
                          -Police Quest
                          -Singularity
                          -StarCraft
                          -Tenchu
                          -TimeShift
                          -Prototype
                          -Quest for Glory
                          -Soldier of Fortune
                          -Space Quest
                          -True Crime
                          -World of Warcraft
                          -Zork
                          -Heavy Gear
                          -Heretic
                          -Ski Resort Tycoon
                          -Skylanders
                          -SWAT

Then there are individual games. The biggest omission on the above list will be Tony Hawk's Skateboarding but this is a licensed title so that will need a look at, the same for the Transformers Cybertron games. I don't think they own the game but I think they might own the IP for Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions now. There's a mountain of licensed games developed too but they particularly come from IP where they aren't going to get the okay now to rerelease them.

Comment

I hadn't realised Microsoft now owns Sierra's and Infocom's old games and IPs...

Comment

There's maybe four IPs on that list that I'd get a little excited about if they announced they were working on a new one:

Guitar Hero - though how it could improve on Rock Band, I don't know
                              DJ Hero
                              Spyro
                              Tenchu

The main reason that MS have bought ABK is the K part. Candy Crush is a money printing machine. Call of Duty is an added bonus

Comment

There's been a rumbling or two recently about a revival of the Guitar Hero series but I'm not hopeful. With video games having less and less of a presence in physical stores, would they be willing to stock bulky plastic instruments again?!

Comment

Working...
                                X