Disgaea 6 - Switch and now PC, PS4 & PS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgaea 6 - Switch and now PC, PS4 & PS5

Disgaea 6 has been out of Nintendo Switch for a little while now and I recently made a buy after having put it off for a while. Turns out it's actually a pretty decent entry in the series, not quite up to Disgaea 5, but still a good effort.

The only real issue with it is it runs a bit pants, if you want it at 60 FPS with minimal dips, then you've got to put it into 720P performance mode and be happy with jaggies and lack of detail everywhere.

Today though, NIS announced it's coming to the West on PC, PS4 and PS5 this summer (it's out in Japan on PS4) which is good news as it might run a little better. Disgaea 6 sees the move to 3D and away from the sprites the other games have used for over a decade, the look and feel is quite similar but the animations are more detailed.

It's a good game and I'll probably end up getting it on PC too.

This is released on PC today (and PS5 I believe).

I went to look on Steam ready to add it to the basket.

£65

Checked my contacts were in.

It does say £65.

As Laharl would say "haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha".

Er. No.

Comment

£65 lmao.

Not in a million years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        £65 lmao.

Not in a million years.
        I assume they've rolled up the Switch version with all the DLC, or something?

I'll wait for a sale; I want this for Steam Deck. The Switch version apparently has very poor performance.

Comment

It does unless you run it at 720P and even then it frame dips from time to time, which is why I was interested in swapping over to the PC version.

The DLCs really aren't worth it, they are single-play maps that give you a lvl 500 character that were in other games. By the time you've unlocked the levels and at a character stat that can beat them, you won't need them anyway. It's certainly not worth the £65 asking price and even after paying that price, there are still items in a microtransaction shop to boost experience gain.

Get Disgaea 5 on Steam instead if you haven't played it, it's a better game anyway, currently £10.

Also, it's £45 on PS4 for a physical copy: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disgaea-6-C...dp/B09T48CT2Q/ - makes £65 for a digital Steam game even more absurd (no idea if it runs well on PS4).
          Last edited by MartyG; 28-06-2022, 19:43.

Comment

Man I sank so many hours in to D5. I was pumped for 6...then I heard its not as good and I'm sure as hell not paying that price!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              makes £65 for a digital Steam game even more absurd (no idea if it runs well on PS4).
              Japanese devs can sometimes be a bit weird with Steam. Pretty sure they assume (due to what happened with Dead or Alive 5) that PC users will hack the game instead of buying DLC, so they charge through the nose.

Comment

Plenty of other NIS games on Steam not even close to that price.

Comment

Working...
                X