Anticipating: March 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    There are moments where Sport looks better, though Youtube compression won't help. I've been flagging in my keenness to stick to buying GT7 instead of waiting for it on the cheap down the line. That vid doesn't help...
    I'll be honest I'm kinda over GT and Forza Motorsport these days. I haven't touched GT in years having been away from camp PS for a while it looks crisp the sterile nature of these games just doesn't excite me at all. Particularly because the progression is mundane as well.

The last time I booted up Forza Motorsport 7 I literally got bored half a lap in and went back to Forza Horizon (4 at the time).

I feel like in the pursuit of realism they've almost forgotten about making it a game. I know some people will be all over it and love that aspect but for me I feel I'm just very tired of the formula.

The only saving grace for Forza is its included in Game Pass, but otherwise I'd probably avoid it this time.

Comment

I hope there's more fleshed out VR (2) support in GT7 this time. Driving in VR is so good.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        I'll be honest I'm kinda over GT and Forza Motorsport these days. I haven't touched GT in years having been away from camp PS for a while it looks crisp the sterile nature of these games just doesn't excite me at all. Particularly because the progression is mundane as well.

The last time I booted up Forza Motorsport 7 I literally got bored half a lap in and went back to Forza Horizon (4 at the time).

I feel like in the pursuit of realism they've almost forgotten about making it a game. I know some people will be all over it and love that aspect but for me I feel I'm just very tired of the formula.

The only saving grace for Forza is its included in Game Pass, but otherwise I'd probably avoid it this time.
        Same, gtsport & forza motorsport absolutely bored me to tears, horizon was fun. I dont plan on getting gt7 unless the haptics are on another level.

Comment

Triangle Strategy. It looks lush.

Comment

I am going to get GT7, in order that I can remember that I never get on with GT, but I won't get it immediately. I'll be too busy with Elden Ring, I think.

I want to play GTA 5 again, too. I last played it on release on PS3 and loved it. I never actually played the online because I only had 2mb internet back then which didn't really work for online gaming, but I played the single player to DEATH, even finding lots of collectibles and things like that which I normally don't bother with.

I'd like to revisit it at some point, as it's been nearly a decade now (terrifyingly). I played GTA 3 through again recently and loved it. That game holds up so well, it's super addictive and playable despite the awful combat controls. I'm hoping 5 will be the same way.

Comment

I must be the only person really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                Triangle Strategy. It looks lush.
                I must clear Octopath before it hits. I'm hoping for a FFT beater, all said and done. I doubt it can reach the lofty heights of Tactics Ogre, however.

Comment

For anyone getting GTA and is worried about the online being full of griefing psychos; it is. BUT when you go into the online, you can go into the menu and launch a private game. When you're in that you have an entire single player GTA's worth of PVE story missions to play through. Some will be hard because they're meant for four players (so very become very tense, hard missions for one player which is cool). Also, the heists will need four people but you can just join those games and not have to worry about the psychos in the open world.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Same, gtsport & forza motorsport absolutely bored me to tears, horizon was fun. I dont plan on getting gt7 unless the haptics are on another level.
                    Yeah I think if the haptics were on point and VR was included in a really good implementation down the line, using the new PSVR2 then that is plenty to warrant the upgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      For anyone getting GTA and is worried about the online being full of griefing psychos; it is. BUT when you go into the online, you can go into the menu and launch a private game. When you're in that you have an entire single player GTA's worth of PVE story missions to play through. Some will be hard because they're meant for four players (so very become very tense, hard missions for one player which is cool). Also, the heists will need four people but you can just join those games and not have to worry about the psychos in the open world.
                      That's a really good tip, thanks. I have been collecting the monthly million dollars so will have a bit of in-game cash to give the online a try. Some of the PVE stuff they came up with looks really intriguing.

Comment

Gran Turismo 7 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC are atop my March want list but both will have to wait until Elden Ring is completed.

Comment

It popped in my head this morning that GT7 is out this week and for a moment I felt deflated.
                          I really need to decide whether to bother or not fast

Comment

It popped in my head this morning that GT7 is out this week and for a moment I felt deflated.
                            Just pick it up I reckon mate.

Teaching grandmother to suck eggs but it will be the cost of a rental, basically, if you don't like it and chop it into CEX after a week.

Comment

Do you like GT/racing games? If not, just wait for a sale. I wouldn't get it just for the sake or for the eye candy.

Comment

I've still never played GT Sport, I went through GT6 which was the last one I played. I think the incremental nature of GT has gotten a bit much this time, I enjoy it, this one just feels like a remaster a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X