NTSC-RePlay 007: Hey Big Spender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stories Asura!

I loved hanging out at my arcade back in the day made heaps of mates we were all in there so often!!!

Comment

Lot of good memories playing DDR/Pump It Up/Ez2Dancer/Initial D/Soul Calibur 2 at the Namco Station back in the day, topped off with food and going to the cinema. We did that for a good 3 or so years in our late teens before we stopped. Simpler times.

Comment

My most expensive game purchase so far is Valkyrie Profile at £220.

Most expensive game hardware was my Darksoft CPS3 setup at £350. I did briefly own a Taito Egret 3 though.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 05-04-2022, 13:20.

Comment

It's interesting reading this. I'm surprised no one here has splashed out on a Supergun with NeoGeo Jamma boards or something.

Comment

Awaits the arrival of [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]

Comment

I can't think what the most expensive piece of hardware was as I tend to get everything after they've had a couple of price drops. Maybe the PS4 Pro at £300 or so (can't remember).

In terms of the most expensive game, I honestly think I've probably never paid more than about £45 for any new game (less shipping) in my entire life, though I've sold some games for quite a bit more than that. Can't think specifically what would be the most expensive. For new games it's super-rare that I'll get something on release, I've always got a backlog to work through so I usually just wait until it's going for about £20 and pick it up then. Sometimes I get a feeling that it might become scarce and I bite the bullet and pay £30-35 though.

Used games? I think I paid £50 for Chase HQ/S.C.I on the Saturn many years ago as it was the only way I could play it short of finding the arcade games, but I got rid of it once I could emulate the originals perfectly. Think I doubled my money too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Awaits the arrival of [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]

Probably my CAVE Akai Katana home kit and Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5 kit. Embarrassing amounts (I took out a loan for 1 of them).

I don't feel so bad anymore after seeing a Japanese collector pay 5 million yen for one of them

Comment

£400 for Metal Slug 3 (AES) around 2002. Garou wasn't far behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post

Probably my CAVE Akai Katana home kit and Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5 kit. Embarrassing amounts (I took out a loan for 1 of them).

I don't feel so bad anymore after seeing a Japanese collector pay 5 million yen for one of them
                    This guy bullet hells.

Comment

Ah I do love Mushihimesama.

I flirted with the idea of getting all this stuff in my early twentys. Never had the gut (or the money really).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Hey look, Zaki came back!

Comment

Working...
                        X