• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great fun.

I much prefer it to SoR 4.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Ha, can you still play games with pixelart graphics or are you going to start tweaking some mods until you have photorealistic ninja turtles?

No, but a CRT shader like this would be nice:

Comment

SORIV was unholy and looked retarded, this is great fun and the soundtrack is amazing! Doing it right.

Comment

Graphically, there's no contest between the two.

Shredder's Revenge makes SOR4 look incredibly poor.

Comment

Just did the first level of this via xbox cloud and it was flawless... lovely!

Comment

I’m bored already.

Comment

The Xbox pad is terrible for this.

Spongy buttons and an overly clicky d-pad.

Comment

European physical edition is set to be released in July 29th.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as they kick shell in a beautifully realized beat ’em up. Pre-orders now open!

Comment

Thegamecollection.net have it listed now. Signature Edition Games have their special edition up as well.

Comment

This is fun for about 11 minutes, max. Even the lad got bored despite Turtles being one of his favourite IPs. I only carried on because of the music.

I think this was designed with (very) small children in mind. There's little to talk about in terms of the gameplay other than it becomes painfully grindy rather quickly. The enemies and even bosses have zero wealth to them - they're all fodder. Flat fodder.

It's probably the best Turtles game, but that's not really helping it stand out.

Comment

I like it, especially being able to join anyone's game at any point. It would be nice to search for people on certain levels, but it is really cool jumping in with a 5 player game. It is very much like the arcade games in this respect.

I have seen some game ending glitches though. One of the bosses went off screen and didn't come back. Quit to menu. On another occasion, none of the characters appeared at the start of a level. Both of these happened in arcade mode, online.

Comment

PS

PPS Yeah, it's a grindy and limited beat em up, but it's yummy.

PPPS It's a very different type of beat em up to SoR4. Setting aside my personal beat em up preferences / feeling that there's no merit in comparing them, one is far superior...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              This is fun for about 11 minutes, max.
                              Truthfully though a lot of old-school scrollers are pretty shallow, and mainly fun for the content, seeing the levels, etc.

Even on this forum, the reason we talk so much about Final Fight, or Capcom's Alien Vs Predator, or Streets of Rage 2 is that they're the exception as opposed to the rule.

A lot of the older games have been like this when I've gone back to them. As a kid, Knights of the Round was one of my favourite games, but as an adult, I've no idea what I saw in it; it's fine, competent, but it's hardly amazing.

Comment

I tried TMNT:SR last night and it didn’t grab me like SOR4. It’s ok to play but starts to feel a bit of a grind quite quickly. Has bags of character and charm though.

Comment

Working...
                                X