Dragon's Dogma II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon's Dogma II

It's now in development, that's all there is to know other than Capcom is using RE Engine for the very belated sequel.

Dragon's Dog****, amirite?

Comment

I suppose in a post-Souls era this could do alright, it's certainly a hail mary considering the originals decent sales to two generations to achieve. Never got along with it myself and fans would probably do well to remain cautious given Deep Down

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        Dragon's Dog****, amirite?
        Ban request: they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Original game was very good, definitely am happy to see this finally confirmed after having bled the original dry with all of the spin-offs bits and pieces. It's not got a particularly strong identity given how straightforward the fantasy setting is, but the pawn system just needs a little tweaking, and then it's just a case of building on and expanding the excellent combat. Obviously I want them to be more ambitious and do something totally wild (give it a cyberpunk setting instead!), but I think what I'm trying to say is that the bones of it are already very solid.

Comment

Looking forward to it, one of my favourite games of the 360 era, so many possibilities with the combat/pawn learning and 'emergent battles' change up the fights all the time, Magic which felt like tactical nukes, hundreds of small hidden touches and a bonkers dating sim.

Comment

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is currently £3.19 of you're curious.

Comment

LFG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                LFG!!!
                surely LFP

Comment

Comment

This is the one. I loved the first

Comment

Yuuuuus. Looks great. Praise Capgod.

Comment

Aside from the pipe dream of pivoting wildly into a whole different aesthetic, this was about as much as I could've hoped for. Looks great, now all we need now is confirmation of a new B'z track for the opening

Comment

I loved the first. Poor controller support meant I had to unplug my throttle, flight stick and rudders every time I played it though. I did try turning left with my rudders and right with my throttle but it was difficult.

Comment

Original is still 30fps on everything except PC, so I'd love another release of it. Seems unlikely though as they already ported it to PS4/XBO. Played it through recently actually and it still holds up. Bit messy with how much menu work there is in the game, sorting out equipment and unloading weight you don't want to carry around with you. I think a lot of people install no carry weight and infinite sprint mods these days to make it a bit less painful. Glad to see Pawns are back in this, I was worried they might change them or remove them entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              Original is still 30fps on everything except PC, so I'd love another release of it. Seems unlikely though as they already ported it to PS4/XBO. Played it through recently actually and it still holds up. Bit messy with how much menu work there is in the game, sorting out equipment and unloading weight you don't want to carry around with you. I think a lot of people install no carry weight and infinite sprint mods these days to make it a bit less painful. Glad to see Pawns are back in this, I was worried they might change them or remove them entirely.
                              thanks for the heads up I have the steam version and was contemplating playing it again on PS5, but at 30fps, I'll skip it.

Comment

Working...
                              X