Immortals II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortals II

Immortals Fenyx Rising reportedly getting Polynesian-themed spin-off | Eurogamer.net
    A sequel to Ubisofts game-I-wasn't-sure-had-sold-well is on the cards and next time will switch to a Polynesian theming and altered visual style so that it isn't so reminiscent of BOTW

Was it any good? I heard such mixed reports, some loving it and others feeling it's more of the same from Ubisoft...

I saw it was £14 in the sale recently on Xbox which was tempting but just never been sure about it.

Comment

It caught my eye. Then I saw Ubisoft and it put me off.

Comment

It seems it has a pretty decent cult following so no doubt a sequel would do well.

I have one mate who's 12yo daughter absolutely loved it which I guess could be the target market given the art style and humour.

Certainly not the worst series Ubisoft has brought out in recent years.

Comment

its like they took breath of the wild and filled the world out, i really enjoyed it and lots of others did two, it was well written and well designed a real slice of sunshine gaming in parts as the world was beautiful to look at. The draw distances are crazy too which really helped as it was a game all about spotting things and then heading off towards them. The combat required you to to engage with it too, dodges are parry's where a must as where the upgrades paths, it was a lot more stand out from the usual button mashing of these sort of games and had some really memorable level design and bosses. For me it was one of the best games Ubisoft had put out in years and its why i got the platinum trophy in it .

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            It caught my eye. Then I saw Ubisoft and it put me off.
            I've heard it's great, too. But I held off for the same reason. I don't want to buy offline games which pester me to log in to uPlay and are full price for 3 slices of a 12-slice pizza.

Immortals might not be like that, but Ubisoft have, through their own actions, firmly wedged that preconception in my mind and they'll need to put in the work to convince me otherwise.

Comment

this is what convinced me to give it a go and i'm glad i did

Comment

Ah man you've got me tempted to grab it now...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I've heard it's great, too. But I held off for the same reason. I don't want to buy offline games which pester me to log in to uPlay and are full price for 3 slices of a 12-slice pizza.

Immortals might not be like that, but Ubisoft have, through their own actions, firmly wedged that preconception in my mind and they'll need to put in the work to convince me otherwise.
                  Yeah exactly. Like 3/4 of the log in screen is dedicated to the DLC and logging in online.

Comment

Ok so I've bought this... which nicely gave me 4,000 rewards points as it took me over £35 spent in the summer sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

You don't have to log in to uplay but if you do you gets some extra cosmetics and access to scoreboards for the weekly challenge dungeon, the entire singleplayer game is here too they haven't lopped of the last part of the game to sell as DLC their are no microtransactions either the whole thing is here.

They did add 3 extra bits of dlc but its the sort of stuff you can largely ignore, An extra challenge dungeon, A small map set in the east telling a different story about Chinese gods, and a top down view brawler following a different character. Its the sort of stuff that if you wanted some more once you finished the game then this would add a few more hours play but it has no bearing on the main game.

Comment

Working...
                      X