Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed: Mirage

Full reveal incoming, said to be closer to the older games

Does that mean classic gameplay so back to being an actual assassin or just witcher3 with more numbers but now looks like the original. Place your bets!

1 things for sure, i wouldn't touch it until there's 6 months worth of patches.

Comment

I really, really liked AC Origins, had a great time with Odyssey and felt absolutely cold playing Valhalla.

It's almost gotten too big and combat too simple to be ultimately engaging.

There is definitely the possibility they can return to the series roots and conjure up something great but to me it really has to have it's own identity and not feel like other games.

I wouldn't actually mind if they borrowed some ideas from Elden Ring with the PvP invasion mechanics. I loved the old AC multiplayer modes and I think having an Animus type invasion of other players into your actual campaign could be amazing if done well.

Comment

Rumours are it's an entry that is back to something closer to the older titles rather than Origins etc. One version will also apparently come with a remake of the original game.

I could come back for an old school style entry. Going Witcher was the death knell of AC for me.

Comment

I don't think having the original remake matters. It already runs at 4K60 on Xbox so it would have to be more than just a lick of paint.

I'm interested to see what they do with it though as I agree the template needs a serious overhaul.

Comment

i would want see a go in a Hitman like direction, be about full assassination, plan it out with loads of options to how you would like to play include kill/knockouts/ghost runs, keep the AC platforming/controls and bin the open world.

Comment

Still haven't made it onto Odyssey yet so by the time I get to this it should be playing perfectly

I do wish the series to go back to doing assassinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                i would want see a go in a Hitman like direction, be about full assassination, plan it out with loads of options to how you would like to play include kill/knockouts/ghost runs, keep the AC platforming/controls and bin the open world.

1000% this. It's exactly what the series should have always been and how I was hoping it would go post-AC2 but it just kept drifting off further and further into Ubisoft blandness

Comment

I think that is a kind of fair criticism, however I do think it detracts somewhat from some of the extraordinary work on city reconstructions, NPC AI and other technical wizardry.

Any game series where I can watch NPCs play a game of cricket in ye olde London town is a winner

Seriously the world building in Jerusalem, Firenze, Roma, Istanbul, Paris and London (amongst others) was worth the price of admission alone.

Comment

I will say, despite the drubbing they got, I didn't mind Unity and Syndicate. Brotherhood was my peak with the series and AC3 was much better than it was received as. Many of the other spin-offs failed to land with me and everything Origins onward has been an easy miss.

Comment

No remake of AC1 incoming:

Comment

What a state of affairs when a company has to announce that they *aren’t* remaking something from their back catalogue…

Comment

So they announced not just one AC game but several with Mirage due next year and yet we got zero actual gameplay footage?

Yawn.

Comment

Read on era that Mirage has been listed with an AO rating as it includes real gambling elements.

This is all totally PR BS to mask conducting more bad practice isn't it?

Comment

Glancing down the thread list. Thought this said "Assassin's Creed: minge"

Comment

Working...
                              X