Yakuza Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakuza Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

Media will appear soon, just announced in the RGG live stream is a direct sequel to Yakuza 6 which will follow Kiryu after that games ending. It releases next year and is presumably intended to join the ending of Yakuza 6 and Kiryu's return for Yakuza 8.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 14-09-2022, 11:08.

Oh wow, I did not expect that. I'm still yet to play Yakuza 6 - that's next on my RGG hit list after I finish Zero (and then take a break from the series for a bit).

Comment

From the livestream the name Yakuza is definitely retired moving forward in favour of Like a Dragon. Seeing it so more widely used, it is what it is but 100% onboard that it's the inferior choice of the two they've gone with

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            From the livestream the name Yakuza is definitely retired moving forward in favour of Like a Dragon. Seeing it so more widely used, it is what it is but 100% onboard that it's the inferior choice of the two they've gone with
            *rips shirt off to reveal huge back tattoo*

*camera orbits me and Neon Ignition stood on rooftop glaring at each other shirtless as music swells*

Comment

I'm ready!

Comment

I hope Uncle Kaz finally gets some bloody peace. I love the games, but he just wants to sleep. Poor guy.

Comment

PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX and PC on 09 November 2023 with a two player multiplayer included

Comment

If i start 7 now after finishing 6 last year i should be mentally ready for a new Yakuza later this year.

Comment

Was just thinking, I'm in the mood for a Yakuza. 6 is the next one I need to play.

Comment

I really enjoyed Yak 6, it was bloody great and full of character, and the wrestling/street fighting management mini-game was fun. Yak 7 I couldn't get into at all, after 7-8 hours play I was still picking up litter in the street with bums for pennies, punctuated with pointless turn-based battles that won themselves. The lead character was a likeable, gullible, well-meaning dope. I understand it got more interesting/strategic later but I was already put off by hours of dreary work with an uninteresting lead so I sacked it. I welcome the prospect of the return of the real Dragon of Dojima (who will never die) and some proper scruffy combat and manly eyebrows.

Comment

I’m thinking of playing one of the earlier Yakuza’s, particularly 1 and 2, as I’m dedicating myself to PS2 atm. Any views on where to start? Are they long games? I heard they’re linear, which fine by me!

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                            I’m thinking of playing one of the earlier Yakuza’s, particularly 1 and 2, as I’m dedicating myself to PS2 atm. Any views on where to start? Are they long games? I heard they’re linear, which fine by me!
                            Not sure if you're playing on PS2 or thinking of PS2 era, but I'd start with Yakuza 0 if you can. It's still the best of them all in terms of - basically - everything.

Comment

I’m still going through 0, mental game and the attention to detail along with the atmosphere has me hooked. I love it.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-06-2023, 20:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X