R-Type Final 3: Evolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type Final 3: Evolved

Granzella has announced R-Type Final 3 Evolved for PlayStation 5, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch in March 2023.

Coming to PS5, the to third last ever R-Type game builds on Type 2 with over a hundred ships to use and PSVR2 support for... take off sequences?

Mini games added as well with 7 new stages for the entry
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-10-2022, 10:46.

I thought this was going to be DLC for Final 2. Surely it will come to other systems too?

Comment

It's cool that R-Type Final 2 is getting a substantial reworking as it was very hit-or-miss (pun very much intended).

That said, they really shouldn't be calling this Final 3 - claiming it's a sequel is blatant false advertising. The only similar example I can think of that got away with a stupid naming scheme like this is After Burner II

Still, I won't be buying Final 2.5 until I beat R-Type Delta, which will be 3000 years from now, so it probably doesn't matter what I think.

Comment

Blech!

First they underdeliver, then they pump out lots of extra stages as DLC and finally they repackage it in hopes we'll buy it again.

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
        Still, I won't be buying Final 2.5 until I beat R-Type Delta, which will be 3000 years from now, so it probably doesn't matter what I think.
        There are cheats if you decide to brute force it...

Comment

Man wrote 'coming to PS3' and so the coffee was spat.

Comment

Edited

Limiting its platforms really is a choice

Comment

Scheduled for release in Japan on March 23rd. NISA, publishers of the western edition, are listing the release for a generic "March 2023".

Comment

First trailer

Comment

Working...
                X