Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch: Thread 10

(Thread 9 here - QC)

An unprecedented tenth console thread and potentially the final one for the system depending on how long Nintendo takes this ride out for.

Details surface of an F-Zero Switch game prototype | Eurogamer.net
    Giles Goddard has said that Nintendo is wary of releasing new titles in legacy franchises because it finds new IP easier to handle. Goddard says that he worked on a prototype for F-Zero Switch which would have focused on more realistic physics whereby it controlled like prior games but collisions would send rivals into other rivals creating spontaneous situations to deal with. Likewise, damage to your vehicle would affect handling etc. It also featured 16 player multiplayer mixed with 16 bots for 32 racers per race. However, the prototype required further development and Nintendo wouldn't invest.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-11-2022, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Giles Goddard has said that Nintendo is wary of releasing new titles in legacy franchises because it finds new IP easier to handle. Goddard says that he worked on a prototype for F-Zero Switch ... However, the prototype required further development and Nintendo wouldn't invest.
      The big publishers, Nintendo especially, are doing this all the time. Very few of them ever see the light of day

Comment

Nope, I really don't like their faces, Peach's in particular.

Comment

An unprecedented tenth console thread and potentially the final one for the system depending on how long Nintendo takes this ride out for.

Details surface of an F-Zero Switch game prototype | Eurogamer.net
          Giles Goddard has said that Nintendo is wary of releasing new titles in legacy franchises because it finds new IP easier to handle. Goddard says that he worked on a prototype for F-Zero Switch which would have focused on more realistic physics whereby it controlled like prior games but collisions would send rivals into other rivals creating spontaneous situations to deal with. Likewise, damage to your vehicle would affect handling etc. It also featured 16 player multiplayer mixed with 16 bots for 32 racers per race. However, the prototype required further development and Nintendo wouldn't invest.

This news at least led me to look into Carve Snowboarding. I'm defintely going to check that out if ever I get a Quest.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            This news at least led me to look into Carve Snowboarding. I'm defintely going to check that out if ever I get a Quest.
            Please post if you ever try it. I've avoided it just because the Quest doesn't track feet.

Comment

Really interesting that Giles Goddard is behind Chuhai Labs, who are behind Carve, but who are also behind Whitewater Wipeout, which is an incredibly fun and addictive little surfing game on the Playdate and my favourite game on the system.

I really hope Carve, or a potential Carve 2, gets ported to the PSVR2. Because on the strength of Whitewater Wipeout it should be a lot of fun.

Comment

Nintendo forces Smash World Tour to close down a week before this years event

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Trying to answer the question "who's Alan?" led me followin the Twitter thread, and many people are saying Panda, a company led by this Alan guy, has official support from Nintendo, and Panda/Alan strongarmed the Smash WTC into oblivion.

Didn't even know there were competing pro Smash Bros championships outside Evo.

Comment

Well, Nintendo pulled Smash from Evo anyway, and this story shows them once again to be a bag of dicks.

Comment

Was that because of the online emulation thing?

Comment

The modded Melee? I forget which group did that but I don't remember it being Evo-related.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Was that because of the online emulation thing?
                          I thought it had to do with some of the key players being accused of sexual assault/grooming.

EDIT: Not sure if it's something else, but here's why I thought this:

In July 2020, numerous allegations of sexual misconduct were risen on over 125 members of the Super Smash Bros. community, including some of the game's most well-known professional players, commentators, tournament organizers, and content creators...

... as this was the last thing I heard about competitive Smash.

FURTHER EDIT: Read through and it was entirely attendees, not organisers, at least from what can see.

Comment

Didn't even know about the sexual misconduct.

Comment

Best background reading for what actually happened is captured in the medium post linked in the original tweet - https://medium.com/@smashworldtour/s...t-f568a3d135c8

Comment

Working...
                              X