Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: January 2023

2023: A New Hope

The third year of the current generation picks up speed as gamers around the world pray that it finally actually gets started at some point after the dozy, sleepy drawn out opening it's had and the utterly dire 2022 line up we leave behind. January brings with it bad weather, high bills and ill health but also a fresh dream that 2023 can end up being a banner year in gaming by the time it wraps up.

Which games of January are you Anticipating?
    Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
    0%
    One Piece Odyssey
    0%
    Persona 4 Golden
    0%
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
    0%
    Colossal Cave
    0%
    Fire Emblem Engage
    0%
    Forspoken
    0%
    Dead Space
    0%
    Raiden 4 x Mikado Remix
    0%
    Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
    0%
    Season: A Letter to the Future
    0%
    Lone Ruin
    0%
    Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
    0%
    A Space for the Unbound
    0%
    Monster Hunter Rise
    0%
    Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake
    0%

I've ticked Persona 3 Portable. Can't say if I'll be buying it straight away, but it's one I've been wanting to play for quite a while. Very convenient that it's being rereleased. I did play FES back on the PS2 and enjoyed it, although never finished it. With this one, I know it cuts some exploration elements back to menus, but I believe it also contains improvements as it was released later. And to be honest I'm fine with menus. Speeds things up versus clomping around in a 3D environment unnecessarily.

Comment

I really want Dead Space on PS5 but I've still to 100% TLOU Part 1, Horizon FW and GoW Ragnarok.

I also got Klonoa and SIFU for Xmas so don't feel the need to buy anything else right now.

Comment

Dead Space is the only one I'm eyeing but as good as it looks the original is a game that I'm so familiar with I'm not sure if I'll bite at launch

Comment

Fire Emblem is tempting but that's it.

Comment

Personas 3 and 4, but need to resist getting them at launch. Already played back in the early 2010s, and imagine they will be on sale before they hit the point in the backlog to be played!

Comment

Can’t wait to play Dead Space again

Comment

I can't say anything jumps up at me on releases in January, or at least nothing that springs to mind.
                February should see the release of bloodbowl 3 and bloodbowl is a game that's had me coming back to it over and over again since I was young. Maybe my kids will join me this time.
                So I'll spend January looking at the sales, relaunches and second winds and see if anything comes along.

Comment

Excited for dead space, but I'll wait until it's added to EA Play.

PC version is only £33 at CDKeys which is nuts when the X/PS5 version is £70

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                    Excited for dead space, but I'll wait until it's added to EA Play.

PC version is only £33 at CDKeys which is nuts when the X/PS5 version is £70
                    I wonder if it will get the 10 hour trial on EA Play?

Console version is retailing for £54 on several websites. Which, I'll admit, is still a fair bit higher than the PC version.

Comment

NFS Unbound did so it's very likely....

Comment

Fire Emblem Nokia Engage.
                        MHRise double dip when heavily discounted also possible.

Comment

Apparently Unbound has a progress lock in it so Dead Space is probably best not bothering on that approach

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Apparently Unbound has a progress lock in it so Dead Space is probably best not bothering on that approach
                            Didn't know this but that kinda makes sense as 10 hours is pretty generous to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                            X