No announcement yet.

The Greatest Game (N)Ever Played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really not sure, very little. The only one that comes to mind immediately is The Last Of Us.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Really not sure, very little. The only one that comes to mind immediately is The Last Of Us.
      Oooh yes. Just had no desire to play it.

Comment

Fortnite.

Comment

I've tried Fortnite but ironically I found the building element did nothing but ruin the experience. I know they added a no-build mode some time back but frankly the game was too basic to benefit from it anyway.

Comment

Warcraft and Minecraft are two massive games that immediately come to mind when I think of games I've never played. GTA5 I've never played either. No real desire to either, tbh.

Edit: having just seen one of the best games of 1998 thread, I realised I've never played Metal Gear Solid either. I bought and completed MGS2, and an amazing experience it was too, played 3 and 4 for about half an hour each, and have never played 5. But the first game (not including the NES/MSX games) I've never played.
            Last edited by endo; 24-01-2023, 13:53.

Comment

Any high rated PC strategy game, Age of Empires, DOTA, StarCraft, Command & Conquer, Rome Total war ect its not my thing and never will be i find them slow, ugly looking games, that require a massive time investemnt to learn as well as play.

I'd also say the resurgence of old school Japanese rpg's have left me cold. Back in the 90s the random battle nature of Final Fantasy Seven was getting tiresome, So while things like Bravely Default bring back warm fuzzy memory's of super Nintendo style adventures the constant stop start nature of old school rpgs leaves me cold. I always found it to be like getting punished for wanting to explore. Its why i haven't really played a RPG like Final fantasy to completion since 7, i don't think i even got off the first disk of FF8.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                Warcraft and Minecraft are two massive games that immediately come to mind when I think of games I've never played. GTA5 I've never played either. No real desire to either, tbh.

Edit: having just seen one of the best games of 1998 thread, I realised I've never played Metal Gear Solid either. I bought and completed MGS2, and an amazing experience it was too, played 3 and 4 for about half an hour each, and have never played 5. But the first game (not including the NES/MSX games) I've never played.
                OK I'm gonna say what dataDave said to me about Link to the Past and say you need to get on playing MGS. It's such a great game.

Just make sure it's the PS1 original and not Twin Snakes on the Cube. Twin Snakes is fine but it's ultimately a cover version. Revel in the gritty PS1-ness of the OG.

Comment

The PC version of MGS is currently a fiver on GOG.
                  You are Snake, a government agent on a mission to regain control of a secret nuclear weap

Either that or you play on PS1 or backwards compatibly on PS3.

Comment

Pokémon Red/Blue. What can I say? I was a fully grown adult by the time it came out and wasn’t even into gaming at that point in my life, never mind still into the Gameboy. Of course as time went on I did get back into gaming and thoroughly enjoyed Black/White for the DS which was my first and only foray into the long-standing franchise, farting about on Pokémon Go notwithstanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X