Anticipating: April 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: April 2023

The month of Easter is almost upon us and with begins a new financial year for the big three. It marks the true start of the Nintendo Switch's seventh year on the market as well and be it new titles or old ones ported to new platforms, another line up awaits.

Which games of April 2023 are you Anticipating?
    And why?
    Atari Mania
    0%
    Creed: Rise to Glory - Championship Edition
    0%
    GrimGrimoire OnceMore
    0%
    Meet Your Maker
    0%
    Moviehouse: The Film Studio Tycoon
    0%
    Curse of the Sea Rats
    0%
    EA Sports: PGA Tour 2023
    0%
    Process of Elimination
    0%
    Rendezvous
    0%
    Tron: Identity
    0%
    Ghostwire: Tokyo XSX
    0%
    Beyond the Long Flight
    0%
    Voodolls
    0%
    Mega Man: Battle Network Legacy Collection
    0%
    Disney Speedstorm
    0%
    God of Rock
    0%
    Minecraft Legends
    0%
    Amid Evil VR
    0%
    Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus and Butterfly
    0%
    Greedventory
    0%
    Molly Medusa
    0%
    Stray Blade
    0%
    Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
    0%
    Dead Island 2
    0%
    R-Type Final 3: Evolved
    0%
    Mail Time
    0%
    Omega Strikers
    0%
    The Last Case of Benedict Fox
    0%
    Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
    0%

Star Wars Jedi Survivor, that is all.

First one was absolutely fantastic. Respawn are a great developer.

Comment

That MegaMan collection does look like excellent value for money.

Comment

its a shame that Atari Mania turned out poor, a warioware of Atari games that controlled well sounds great on paper.

Comment

This is the first I'm hearing of Amid Evil VR. Although it won't be coming in April with the Quest and PC releases, they have said a PSVR2 version is in development. That's something I'd like to play when I eventually get a headset.

There isn't an awful lot that's immediately leaping out as a must buy to me here, otherwise.

Comment

Looking forward to the reboot of EA's PGA Tour. Looking good so far, but yeah, hope it's not a big Rory McLroy mess.

Advance Wars Reboot. A classic, let's get it again.

Dead Island 2. Hoping this is good. Me and my mates will dive into this in co-op.

Comment

Yeah, Dead Island 2 for me as well.

Comment

Coffee Talk was a nice, chilled-out time that I'm happy to play a sequel to. Nice world and good vibes. Bit of a contrast from that, but Benedict Fox has been on my radar for a bit as a decent-looking Metroidvania with a generous lathering of ethereal horror.

Megaman Battle Network I've never played before but looks fun, and encouraging Capcom to treat its legacy series with respect is important. I remember Advance Wars being good as hell on GBA, and wouldn't mind revisiting that and the sequel. Lastly, R-Type, because R-Type.

(not on the list but on my radar: Grim Guardians, Osman / Cannon Dancer, Shikigami no Shiro 2)

Comment

Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus and Butterfly what an awful name.

Coffee Talk can get in the sea, its like a hipsters wet dream you play a barrister in a Seattle coffee shop and get to spend your day making coffee and wadding through endlessly flowery and cringe inducing text that aims to address and comment on every social issue facing the world today. The twist is the clientele are all fairy's and orcs and elves and other fantasy characters. racism sexism homophobia, climate change, sex pests nothing is left off the table.
                  Maybe I'm not the target audience but the butch lesbian orc struggling with her relationships seemed to really lean into some pretty negative stereotypes and left me feeling quite uncomfortable . Easy achievements on gamepass though as they just seem to pop as you skip through the story
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 22-03-2023, 13:53.

Comment

I'm going to wait for reviews but no doubt I'll succumb to more R-Type.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Easy achievements on gamepass though as they just seem to pop as you skip through the story
                      Good to know

Comment

Mega Man: Battle Network Legacy Collection (assuming Capcom don't pull their usual part-physical, part-digital nonsense for Switch), Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp and R-Type Final 3: Evolved.

Comment

Star Wars, finally via the cheap EA Play method

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Star Wars, finally via the cheap EA Play method
                            Do you mean waiting 6-12 months after release for it to be included on EA Play, or via EA Play Pro on PC or is there some kind of secret way of getting games heavily reduced via EA Play?

Comment

Horizon Burning Shores DLC in April too.

Comment

Working...
                              X