Anticipating: May 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fifth of twelve 2023 months looms and the next run of new releases lies ahead to tempt more money from out of your bank account.

Above lie the most notable releases arriving during the coming month but which are you...

Age of Wonders 4
    0%
    Redfall
    0%
    Death or Treat
    0%
    Darkest Dungeon II
    0%
    Dokapon Kingdom: Connect
    0%
    Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2
    0%
    The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    0%
    Amnesia: The Bunker
    0%
    Trinity Trigger
    0%
    Endless Dungeon
    0%
    Lego 2K Drive
    0%
    Glitch Busters: Stuck on You
    0%
    Monster Menu: The Scavenger's Cookbook
    0%
    Puzzle Bobble Everybubble!
    0%
    Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
    0%
    Welcome Kokuri-San
    0%
    Bat Boy
    0%
    Kizuna AIL Touch the Beat!
    0%
    The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
    0%
    Farworld Pioneers
    0%
    System Shock: Remake
    0%
    TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3
    0%

Despite not really "getting" BotW, I'm buying TotK.

I'll play Redfall on GamePass because, well, why not? It's free, innit?

Comment

Gee, let me think…

Comment

Lots of stuff in May, that I won't buy in May due to not buying games at release (and this is your fault publishers for altering the deal after reviews).

Certainly, quite a few in that list are of interest though. I will be interested to see what's been done with Darkest Dungeon II, I've not been following the development of that game at all.

Comment

Redfalls the only definite because of GP. I'm going to see what L2K Drive and System Shock reviews come in like and whilst I'll undoubtedly play TOTK it's remained a very meh proposition so don't know if it will fall in May or not as to when I get round to it.

Comment

I`ve been so busy of late I forgot about Tears of the Kingdom.

Comment

The precious!

Comment

The Batsugun port's also out in May!

Comment

It's obviously TOTK but I don't think I'm going to play it day one. For one thing, I still want to replay BOTW on my Switch (first played it on WiiU).

Comment

This looks amazing and is getting bonzer reviews - an awesome new riff on Pokemon. I know it just came out for PC but on consoles it's for end-May: https://www.cassettebeasts.com/

Comment

I just snagged a pre-owned OLED switch for just under £200 "for the kids"...

I'm going to need to finish BotW first but I'm about 12 hours in on Cemu and will restart on Switch first before I jump into TotK.

Comment

I'm waiting for the Switch 2 b4 I dive into the new Zeldas. Age of Wonders looks neat but one I will wait for a steam sale for as I'll most likely not play it and it will sit in my massive PC backlog.

Finally - is anyone on the planet really waiting in anticipation for Gollum

Comment

Go for it if you want Zelda, a Switch 2 version is pretty much 100% not happening

Comment

I've just received my switch OLED five minutes ago, which basically guarantees they will announce a new Switch Pro in the next week...

Comment

I keep meaning to play Breath of the Wild, but I'll always favour playing my PS4 over my son's Switch.
                              I know I'd probably like it, but compare it to Elden Ring now!
                              He's getting the new Zelda for his birthday, so may have a dabble and have voted.

Some other interesting releases on that list, though!

Boltgun looks like Doom crossed with Warhammer 40K. Shweet!
                              Gutted Darkest Dungeon is PC only. The original + Vita was a gorgeous combination.
                              That LEGO racing game looks brilliant! Really silly, but lots of racing shenanigans, like a silly Forza Horizons.
                              System Shock: Remake could be interesting and a series I missed first time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X