Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

The easy way to get people to shell out for DLC?
    Package it as the sequel

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that this year's Call of Duty title will be called Modern Warfare 3 (Modern Warfare III).

The DLC expansion for MWII is now said to be called MWIII and will be released as a full fledged sequel to last years entry. The usual mix of campaign, multiplayer, zombies and a Warzone II map replacement will launch with a planned release for 10 November 2023

Betas will roll out a few weeks before and all content comes courtesy of Sledgehammer this time

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Sledgehammer Games are said to be the lead dev this time round, with Inf ward assisting.
      Given that these games normally have a 3 year dev cycle and that Inf Ward and Sledgehammer were working on 2022's MW2 (and IW on Warzone 2.0 as well) I'm seriously wondering how light on content this is going to be.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks exactly the same as the game the charged us £70 for last year...

Comment

So same as most years then

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yep it's COD all right.

Comment

I know it’s unfair but remember when COD 4 was shown off? From the SAS reveal, new weaponry, dogs, night vision. The excitement was so present as after years of endless WW2 games, it felt new.

This feels so tired, both as a franchise and as a genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                        I know it’s unfair but remember when COD 4 was shown off? From the SAS reveal, new weaponry, dogs, night vision. The excitement was so present as after years of endless WW2 games, it felt new.

This feels so tired, both as a franchise and as a genre.
                        What’s worse is when you instal an old campaign on your system, or try, and it’s non stop updates for all the multiplayer rubbish you don’t want, then you click on campaign and it’s the one thing the game purposely doesn’t install. Then the icon on the dash is advertising whatever the latest mp expansion that’s out and not even then the campaign disk you have in the system.

At this point the MP needs completely separated from campaign launches, it’s just a disgusting mess.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          What’s worse is when you instal an old campaign on your system, or try, and it’s non stop updates for all the multiplayer rubbish you don’t want, then you click on campaign and it’s the one thing the game purposely doesn’t install. Then the icon on the dash is advertising whatever the latest mp expansion that’s out and not even then the campaign disk you have in the system.

At this point the MP needs completely separated from campaign launches, it’s just a disgusting mess.
                          That part is awful!

I played COD2, COD4, MW2, Infinite Warfare and finally Modern Warfare. It's very much deminishing returns but I enjoyed the latter reboot.

I decided to splash on MW2 last year and played for around 30 hours online and enjoyed it, but slowly drifted off. I got a new M.2 Drive for my PS5 last week, so reinstalled it... The Thumbnail, looking half like Spawn and SpiderMan threw me off so much, where's the original game?! When I got into the game, the main menu was just full of adverts for the next game, DLC, Warzone and it was only after a minute of getting my earrings and scrolling I found the SP and MP part of MW2.

It's a proper mess for someone who just likes to buy the game and play occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                            That part is awful!

I played COD2, COD4, MW2, Infinite Warfare and finally Modern Warfare. It's very much deminishing returns but I enjoyed the latter reboot.

I decided to splash on MW2 last year and played for around 30 hours online and enjoyed it, but slowly drifted off. I got a new M.2 Drive for my PS5 last week, so reinstalled it... The Thumbnail, looking half like Spawn and SpiderMan threw me off so much, where's the original game?! When I got into the game, the main menu was just full of adverts for the next game, DLC, Warzone and it was only after a minute of getting my earrings and scrolling I found the SP and MP part of MW2.

It's a proper mess for someone who just likes to buy the game and play occasionally.
                            I could sit there all year and think of ways to make a horrific user experience, and still never come close to the cod menus.

Oh what's that you've finally installed the campaign and have played 15mins? now install the rest, just another 20 hours to go!!!! or or now hear me out, i just wont.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X