Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Model3 emulated

SICK! I want Scud Race!

Wow this is great news. There is also a very good selection of model 2 games working aswell.

I'll follow this with interest.

Nice

FB

Comment

Sonic Champ'ship/Sonic The Fighters - Model2

This game PWNS!!11 I need a new PC

Comment

YES !!!!!! finally a change to play ScudRacer at home !!
        best arcade racing game I? ever played from Sega !!

Comment

Spikeout + PC>PS2 adaptor + stick + s-video out = win ^^

Comment

Originally posted by innovator
            Spikeout + PC>PS2 adaptor + stick + s-video out = win ^^
            OMFG!111
            You a FAAaaRKKIi GEEEnniius!!1 <right-click

Thats So dope! I'm going to sell my body to fund a new PC!

Comment

The emu hasnt been released yet ...

Although the roms have been available for years..

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce
                YES !!!!!! finally a change to play ScudRacer at home !!
                best arcade racing game I? ever played from Sega !!
                My sentiments exactly!

Comment

Oh dear God, yes. Scud Race has the best drift ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                    Oh dear God, yes. Scud Race has the best drift ever.
                    Yep, you can "steer" the cars with you're right food, just excellent !

I'm still praying the all mighty gaming lord for a X-box conversion (analog throttle and brakes!)

Comment

No VOOT [sigh]

...anyway, where can I buy an original Dennou Senki Virtual On (aka: Model 2) arcade cabinet in Blighty?

Comment

With this sort of progress from small groups you have to wonder what the hell is wrong with MAME development recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
                          With this sort of progress from small groups you have to wonder what the hell is wrong with MAME development recently.
                          For a standard MAME doesn't high level emulate games - only low level. This means that while others (chances are including this), basically play at trial and error until it gets it working (how N64 emulation works), MAME will only include games that have been emulated low level (where it emulates each processor individually and emulates how the PCB is laid out and works) which makes it extremely slow and makes things difficult to emulate. However, the whole point of MAME isn't to make games playable it's to study the architecture of arcade PCBs. Well, that's their excuse

Recently the MAME devs have been playing "fix the MAME core" which involves rewriting half the drivers in it so they can put some more stuff in. In other words, MAME has got big and they've needed to tidy it up.

Third, MAME development has been going okay. Not a fan of ST-V then I guess? I know for a fact that Haze (a MAME dev) spent ages getting that working. If you don't like what the guys at MAME are doing, contribute your own code. Unless you can't. Then stop complaining.

Oh, and I wouldn't get too excited. I don't think any of the games are playable and chances are the emulation is really slow.

Comment

patiently awaits xbox version

Comment

I didn't even realise they'd done Model 2! never mind 3

Does this mean Daytona, Virtua Cop and Virtus Fighter 2 are playable on a PC!! omg, omg, omg

What sort of power/speed/memory are we looking at? I take it Xbox is out of the question? (for Model 2 or 3)

Comment

Working...
                              X