Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Equivalent of NTSC-UK? (PAL-Jap? :P)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Equivalent of NTSC-UK? (PAL-Jap? :P)

What I mean is, is there an equivalent of Japanese hardcore gamers that envy the West as much as some of us revere them?

I'd be grateful for any links to any 'intelligent Japanese gamer forums' or review sites, as I've always been interested in the Japanese's perception of some of 'our' games... I've had an amusing morning using Babelfish to read customer reviews of Halo on Amazon.co.jp but the translation is pretty off (as well as there apparently being a company that distributes Max Payne 2 over there call the "Thin eye trading company"), so... anyone?

Try InsertCredit, a very good site which should fit what you are after. Follow the link from our homepage.

Comment

Cheers for the tip - I think I've actually visited there before to read their Wind Waker review, however had it not been for the little caption in your link section I would have never guessed it was a Japanese gaming site...

Anyway, if there're any Japanese people reading, anyone fancy translating some of the customer reviews for the likes of Halo (and Halo PC) from Amazon.co.jp? - I'm sick of Babelfish telling me/reading about how "funny" Halo is and how it makes "the person who 3D becomes drunk extremely". (And what's 'Bali Bali' or this "personality rich weapon" the 'Sawayama'?)

Comment

www.game-science.com - an english language website run by gamers in Japan - very good for all the latest news (not sure if their review section is up yet)

Comment

Working...
        X