Assassin's Creed: Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed: Shadow

Rumbles are that Red will also be the last of the Valhalla/Witcher style entries. Presumably the ratio of scale and budget to profit has turned against these ones and that's why 200 new smaller entries are inbound.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-05-2024, 16:59.

Oh my, that image above, in the tweet, screams Shinobi style all over… Well, one can only hope.

Comment

deffo interested in this. AC Odyssey is still on my backlist though - I hear it is an absolute monster of a game so I may get around to this one in about 2026

Comment

UPDATE 14/5/24: In typical Ubisoft fashion, the release date for Assassin's Creed Shadows has already leaked online, in…

Comment

UPDATE 14/5/24: In typical Ubisoft fashion, the release date for Assassin's Creed Shadows has already leaked online, in…

15 November 2024

Comment

Ubisoft has revealed a first proper look at Assassin's Creed Shadows, and detailed the game's dual protagonists. Both c…

Revealed!

Via an all CG trailer

Gameplay will be shown in June

Comment

I like the premise and setting. It sounds like they're really dipping back into the series routes around stealth play...

It could be a return to form, or it could be just another rehash of ideas and nothing great overall.

Keen to see more at this stage but it'll take a lot to convince me it's worth my time.

Comment

Of course it requires an internet connection to even play the physical version full stop, straight up doesn’t work out the box without it.

Instant no buy.

Comment

I still haven't gone near Mirage and that's the one that's supposed to be closer to what the franchise is supposed to be. The Witcher style huge entries have left me incredibly cold so far, they feel vast and soulless and so removed from the origins of the franchise. From Origins to Odyssey to Valheim, I recall the online excitement for each setting and I know this setting has been anticipated for a long time but it'll take a herculean effort to convince me as in the prior games it was all just re-skinning. They all play pretty much the same and Ubisoft will have had to reinvent so much of Assassins Creed to make this setting anything other than window dressing that it'd be a different game, I've zero faith that they've done that.

The greatest Assassin's Creed game has yet to be made and for it to ever have a chance of being made Ubisoft would need to look less at RPG's and much more at Agent 47

Comment

Yeah having seen the cgi trailer I'll be happy to play it sometime in 2026 when I pick up the ultimate incredible edition for 30 bucks

Comment

This just makes me want to play Tenchu.

If it's Ubisoft and their monetisation AI, they're going to be charging real cash for {UBISHURIKENS}.
                      "It looks like you're trying to jump onto a roof, but you've used all your {UBIJUMPS}, so please purchase the {UBIJUMP PACK} from the Ubisoft store or try jumping after a 24 hour cooldown window."

Comment

Ironically, I had no interest in Rise of Ronin because it looked too AC for my tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Of course it requires an internet connection to even play the physical version full stop, straight up doesn’t work out the box without it.

Instant no buy.
                          Apparently this has been confirmed to be false

Comment

Working...
                          X